Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ABEY_k Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2009, 04:36 PM
    Tell me what to do
    I'm having an affair with a married man who is 37rs old,father of 2 kids.. tell me what to do?
    411Help Posts: 428, Reputation: 103

Jan 6, 2009, 04:41 PM

Leave him alone. You are going to ruin the lives of many.
    BlackVY Posts: 823, Reputation: 154

Jan 6, 2009, 04:43 PM

End it
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2009, 04:44 PM

We know you know what to do its just you don't want to do it.
    a la king Posts: 121, Reputation: 22

Jan 6, 2009, 04:56 PM

This is sickatating!

Don't play a role in the destruction of a family!

How can you live with yourself??
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2009, 05:02 PM

I don't think this post is real, but for the sake of it being so.

End it! You are going to ruin the lives of too many parties involved and get your heart broken.
    oldenoughtoknow Posts: 61, Reputation: 13

Jan 6, 2009, 05:05 PM

End it, ending my relationship with a married woman was best thing I did. No more sneaking about, no more waiting for a few hours a week for just a chance to see them. No more feeling like you're being used and most of all no more shame. You don't mention what the relationship is like does he says he is unhappy does he promise to leave his wife or has he told you he will never leave his wife. Does he says he's with his wife for the kids sake? Give us a bit more information so we can point out why it is such a bad idea to stay in this relationship. You haven't even mentioned how you feel about him whether you love him madly or is it a bit of fun? But no one will ever say dating a married person with children is a good idea.
    nursingstudent Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Jan 6, 2009, 05:08 PM

Put yourself in his wife and kids' shoes. How would you feel if your husband/father left you for another woman. You all would be devastated!
    expat2009 Posts: 157, Reputation: 51

Jan 6, 2009, 05:47 PM

I think the consensus here is:

END IT! Why destroy a family? Go and make your own family with someone single!
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2009, 06:40 PM

Very simple. Walk away. Be the adult and walk away.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2009, 06:59 PM

Yes I agree put yourself in his wife's shoes!
    As ylaira said We know you know what to do its just you don't want to do it.
    Discover the 4 Stages of Temptation to Avoid Giving In

There are 4 stages of temptation and if you become aware of them you will be able to short circuit your tempting thoughts before they cause you to act in a way that sabotages your diet.

1. Temptation Starts With a Thought
    Tempting thoughts cannot be avoided and everyone has them, and while you cannot prevent them from popping up you can keep from acting on them. If you don't dismiss the tempting thought as soon as they come up (I will show you how at the end of this article) then you move into stage 2.

2. Temptation Progresses When You Entertain The Thought.
    Entertaining the tempting thought means you allow the tempting thought to stay in your head, you begin to focus on it and the temptation grows. This moves you into stage 3.

3. In Stage 3 You Start Believing Your Temptation is Valid.
    If you tell yourself over and over again that something is right or justified, then you are likely to start believing it, even if that something is negative and potentially harmful to your health. It is at this stage that you start making up stories about your temptation such as, "One little cookie won't hurt." "I can just eat tonight and get back on track tomorrow."

There is only one place to go after you begin believing your temptation story and that is the final stage - Stage 4.

4. In Stage 4 You ACT.
    You abandon you diet and exercise and go out for a greasy burger because "It's just too tempting" at least that is what you tell yourself.

This is the predictable path of temptation and it is one that will destroy your best laid weight loss plans, unless you short circuit it, and here is the simple way to do that. Learn to identify your tempting thoughts, you might have so many running through your head that you have stopped paying attention to them, so your first step is to tune in.

Once you are good at identifying your tempting thoughts, say CANCEL and replace them with positive reminders of your goal. This is simple yet it takes practice but just like learning to play a musical instrument, the more you practice the better you get.

Tempting thoughts will sabotage your best intentions but only if you allow them, practice cancelling your tempting thoughts and you will pave the way to weight loss success.

This can apply to anything from cookies to cheating.
    pimp_mah_alpaka Posts: 103, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2009, 09:35 PM

Stop... doing it is what I mean
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 6, 2009, 11:01 PM

Ask his wife what should you do!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.