Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TamLam09 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2009, 11:15 AM
    Gas Furnace not blowing warm air
    We have a Carrier 9200 natural gas heat/air unit. The control box upstairs says HEAT and Heat ON but nothing is coming out of the vents. When we turn the FAN on, it blows out cold air but no heat. I have run the unit w/o the fan so I don't run up the elec bill... is there a RESET switch we can try to restart the unit? What could be the problem and how can we get the heat to come out? Just fyi, the whole house is natural gas and the oven, etc works fine so we're not out of gas. Please help, we're cold! LOL

Thanks... :)
    Tammy
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 6, 2009, 02:23 PM
    Duplicate

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace isn't blowing warm air! [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace is turning on every minute, running for a minute, and then shutting down. The air that is blowing out is simply lukewarm, and is not coming out of every vent. I have the thermostat set at 72, but it isn't above 66 in the house. It's a Trane gas furnace. Any suggestions? Thanks a...

Apartment furnace blowing warm air on fan only [ 1 Answers ]

Could I have caused a problem with the hot water solenoid with my thermostat installation? (Furnace seems to function correctly, except for my concern that fan only temps are sometimes a little warm.) And, if the solenoid is stuck in open, or partly open, is this a minor problem that can be...

Furnace Heating : Cold air blowing from vent from one level/ Warm air in the other [ 1 Answers ]

Ours is a 2 level house (1995), both levels heated by the same furnace ( YORK Multiposition Gas-Fired Furnace MODEL P2MP 32-112 MBH OUTPUT) . We have two digital thermostats (Hunter Programmable type) located on each floor. We were out for a few days and when we came back the lower level is getting...

Furnace blowing cold air.starts out warm, goes to cold. [ 6 Answers ]

Hoping for help here. I recently had my ignitor replaced. Before that, the furnace wasn't working at all. Now it starts blowing warm (not hot) air, then gradually over a period of a couple of hours, the air cools down until it is completely cold and the temperature in the house drops drastically....

Furnace blowing not warm air [ 3 Answers ]

We just moved into a single story Ranch house about a month ago and have noticed that the furnace runs for very long periods and furnace blowing only very cool air. Kind of like a spring day. We looked at the board and switched the fan from hi to low and the vents now blow out a little warmer...

View more questions Search