Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MRCHARLIE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2009, 09:22 PM
    Wire a 220 electric range outlet to circuit breakers
    Need to install 220 outlet for electric range... please tell me how to hook up wirs at eletrical panel... breakers not fuses
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2009, 10:35 PM
    Are you sure the stove is a 220V and not a 230V or more? Make sure to match your wire to the stove voltage and to breaker.

Ground.
    White neutral
    Black hot
    Red hot.

The white and ground will go in the side ground neutral strip/bar beside the breakers
    The bar has different holes sizes with set screws. The white and ground wire will go togther in that bar strip. The breaker will be a double breaker. The black goes on one side of the breaker and the red will go on the other side of the breaker.
    Due this with main breaker shut off . You don't want to get the wires and hands in the hot sides of the other breakers. If you can come low into the panel box or from underneath this will help in Use the proper connection for the box knock out and don't just run the wire through the panel box

signed 21 boat

If I helped to Answer your Question please Rate my Answer
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2009, 10:45 PM

220 is probably old school. Just hasn't realized yet that the old 110/220 is now 120/240.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Convert Electric Dryer outlet to regular outlet [ 8 Answers ]

I just bought a gas dryer, leaving a funky 3 pronged outlet unused. The outlet was connected to the fuse box as a single circuit and I would like to let the new gas outlet take advantage of this. Is there any problem replacing the 'funky' electric dryer outlet to a regular three pronged outlet,...

New 4 wire Dryer/Range Outlet [ 8 Answers ]

I have an older style breaker panel where the neutral & ground wires are connected at the same strip! I plan to upgrade the panel to a 4 wire system with a separate neutral & ground, However since I also need to have the service entrance line upgraded also it won’t be until later this year before I...

Can 15A outlet be used on 20A circuit with 12/2 wire? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently bought an old home that has all 20A circuits with 12/2 wire for all lighting and outlet circuits. I wanted to install all new outlets and switches and assumed the circuits would be 15A 14/2 wired circuits so I bought contractor packs of outlets and switches that are 15A. When I went...

Changing from a gas range to an electric smooth top range [ 1 Answers ]

What are the requirement for switching from cooking with a gas stove to cooking with and electric stove

View more questions Search