Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shesnuts Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2009, 03:48 PM
    Low battery, 9600 maple chase,
    Our maple chase,9600 thermostat is showing lo battery. I have changed the batteries and checked charge. The fuse is good,(I think) It is still showing low battery. Thanks.
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2009, 04:05 PM

Is there any evidence of corrosion due to battery leakage? If so, cleaning the battery contacts may correct the problem.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 1, 2009, 05:17 PM

Or you may look at buying a good honeywell themostat. Just a thought. If you do decide to replace thermostat, make sure you get one that is compatible with your system. Wiring should be pretty straight forward. Let us know what you decide, and how things work out.
    shesnuts Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2009, 10:19 PM
    Thanks to all that responded. I installed a new Honeywell, the batteries still showed low. I changed the batteries again and the new thermostat worked. I am going to reinstall the old one when I warm up to see if it was just the batteries.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 2, 2009, 04:35 PM

Glad you got it working. If old thermostat works with the new batteries, hopefully you can return the honeywell. Although, I think you may have better luck with the honeywell for a longer period. Overall, just glad your problem is solved. Take care,

Lee

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maple Chase Item #9600 [ 1 Answers ]

We have a maple chase item #9600 that recently stop heating. We have chnaged the batteries as the LO BAT signal stayed on, now we are unable to get HEAT. Checked furnace, it appear that the unit will not ignite for heat to be produce. What should be done at this point?

Maple chase 9600 [ 1 Answers ]

Haw can I know what is a single stage and duble stage in air condition system

Maple Chase 9600 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Maple Chase 9600 programmable thermostat. The heater seems to work fine. AC does not work at all. Reset breakers. Battery OK. I can hear the thermostat click but AC unit outside does not come on. Help please

View more questions Search