Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melilani Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2008, 04:00 PM
    Unknown painting, difficult signature to read
    Hello-- I have a painting that was bought in Germany around the 1940s, and I can't identify the artist. Can anybody help? I'll attach a photo of the painting along with the signature--

Thank you for any help you can give me! I'd just like to know the name of the artist--we've had it so long that no one in our family seems to know.

Melissa
    Attached Images

Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2009, 02:20 AM
    Hi, melilani!

Here's an enhanced image of the signature so that things are hopefully a little easier to see.

Thanks!
    Attached Images

fmtaskart Posts: 87, Reputation: 7

Apr 14, 2009, 07:03 AM
    I am very near certain the signature is A. Schneider. I haven't figured out the meaning of the fainter letters that follow it. Please see the post I put up earlier today for an explanation of the conclusion. I put up a new post because I couldn't find the link from the first page to your post. Finally I searched by date and found it. Hopefully Clough will relink...
    komotau Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2010, 01:53 AM

Definatily A.Schneider, but could not find out more about the first name.
    gena80003 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2010, 04:00 PM

WHo is this painter, I cannot read the name?
    Attached Images

rexrussell Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2010, 04:15 PM

How do you attach an image into these posts, because once I press the insert image icon, it asks me to enter a url/web address??
    thatcomedian Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Aug 22, 2010, 06:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rexrussell View Post
    how do you attach an image into these posts, because once i press the insert image icon, it asks me to enter a url/web adress???
    You clicked on the paper clip right? Then click on "browse" your computer
    rexrussell Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2010, 01:04 AM

Thanks, for some reason earlier there was no paper clip, but there is now

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Indentifying signature on oil painting [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everyone, could anyone help me please identify the artist of this oil painting please. It's a oil painting on canvas, 24" x 40" and its signed in the bottom left corner with the name Santos. I was given this painting about 5yrs ago, it had been on the wall of a local pub for yrs but when they...

Identifying a SIGNATURE on a painting? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello fellows, can anyone help me with the signature of that painting, I can't even recognize a single letter, well appart from the "i" in the first word - anyone with an idea? i think it might be from 2nd quarter of the 20. cent, but I am open to your suggestions. thank you, berns

Unidentified signature on painting [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I have an oil painting with a signature I can't read. I don't know how to add a picture. It would be great if someone knew who this artist is. Any help with a source to search signatures ( free ) or help with how to atach a photo would be appreciated, Thanks, Diane

View more questions Search