Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maddi716 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2008, 01:33 PM
    Getting out hair dye?
    I dyed my hair 'soft black' in late September/early October. It was supposed to last 4 to 6 weeks. It's been over 4 to 6 weeks, it's been about 3 months. :eek:

I'm only beginning to see slight roots in my hair. And only right next to my temple where the baby hair grows in, you know? The hair that never gets longer than 3 inches. While my hair has lightened considerably, it's no where NEAR my natural color. I'm a dirty blond naturally.

Does anyone have any tips on how to remove hair dye (or even speed up the process) 3 months in? I don't want to ruin my hair, that's my one concern. And I also don't have a large budget, I'm only in high school.

Any tips?

Thanks in advance!:D
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Jan 1, 2009, 03:10 PM

You could use a detox shampoo. Using them regularly fades the colour.
    Or you could use head and shoulders which also strips out colour.

Another alternative could be to use an artificial hair colour remover. The most popular one is Color oops. This will remove the dye, unlike bleach it won't do anything to your natural hair colour.
    ScarletSea Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Jan 2, 2009, 05:32 AM

Hii. I agree with Punkchic, hairdressers have told me that head and shoulders and clarifying/medicated shampoos should lift colour a bit. Semi black is a pain though as it never comes out fully on light hair. You may have to get it to as light as it will go then dye over it. You could also try getting a home dye in very light blonde as the colour may lift the black a little... I would advise going into a sallys store and asking them, they can advise you on products and methods for free lol. They have helped me in the past.

Good luck =]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I tone down or remove a semi permanent red hair dye over bleach blonde hair? [ 3 Answers ]

I am at my wits end! I had my hair professionally frosted about two months ago. I like the blonde, with my dark hair roots, but I wanted to add some red low lights with the blonde streaking throughout. However, I did not get the results I wanted. Now I have dark roots, and a multi blonde/red...

Hair folical body hair vs hair on head [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have had testing done for a while I tested positive from hair from my head although I did not use. I then tested from my body hair and came back negative. The head hair was 90 to 100 days back and the body test was back almost twelve months. I wish to find out which is the more definitive...

Is it safe to have 3 lots of hair dye in 1month to try and rectify hair disaster? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I posted yesterday, with no replies yet. Basically. I have got long hair which is dark brown (dyed) base and I had bleached blonde panels. I then wanted the panels red which my colourist did and it looiked great but after just 1 wash all the red had practically gone and I was left with...

Black hair to lighter hair.this is a long story, take heed first time dyers! [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, here goes. I'm not a professional hair colourist, but I am a long standing veteran of home hair colour - I've had my hair all colours, all lengths, all styles and at the moment it's jet black. I've broken all the cardinal rules of hair colouring, and I can safely say that it's too much of a...

Hair Coloring - Dying auburn hair with grey roots [ 2 Answers ]

Any advice for dying already dyed auburn hair with massive grey roots. I heard that using an ash color will diminish the brassiness.

View more questions Search