Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SlightlyBroken Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Dec 31, 2008, 09:29 AM
    Can we ever be completely unredeemable?
    Can we ever reach a point where we can't redeem ourselves... where we can't make up for our mistakes? Or is there always hope?
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2008, 10:24 AM

First We cannot redeem ourselves. It is only through the grace of God and the blood of Jesus that we are redeemed.
    Second, YES there is one unforgivable sin, blastphemy of the Holy Spirit.
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2008, 02:56 PM

As harsh as that sounds, I believe 450 is correct.

Romans 1:24-26 (King James Version)

24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 31, 2008, 03:07 PM

You can never make up for your mistakes, there is nothing YOU can do that will earn your right for forgiveness. It is a free gift and all you are required to do is ask for forgiveness and repent ( turn from your sin) There is nothing you would have done that is so bad today that you can not be forgiven,

Take Paul, in the bible, he was one responsible for the death of many christians, but he repented and was saved and turned into the best known christian of all time
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2009, 07:33 PM
    Yes I believe there is one unforgivable sin.
    I believe that because Jesus said that there is one.
    That is a sin (blasphemy) against the Holy Spirit.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2009, 08:34 PM
    There is always hope.

In Christianity, there is something called the "unforgivable sin" which is mentioned in the Gospel. It is usually defined as blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, but no one seems to agree on just what that means in a practical sense.

If a person is worried about having committed the unforgivable sin, it probably is a good indication that they haven't committed it.

Some Christian mystics have claimed even Satan will ultimately be saved. They base this on the perfect mercy of God. Still others say that God's justice will overcome His mercy.
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2009, 09:03 PM
    Athos,
    As I think you know, God is perfect in all his attributes.
    That includes perfect mercy and perfect justice.
    How such perfection balances out I think that no imperfect person can accurately proclaim.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2009, 09:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post

How such perfection balances out I think that no imperfect person can accurately proclaim.
    You're certainly correct on that score.
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Jan 1, 2009, 09:16 PM

Do you think it matters? I mean really a man can kill another man and be sorry, but still he keeps killing. This man is not particularly evil, maybe all he wants to do is keep his kids safe from the petafiles that live near his home, then he realised they're every where. Should he be forgiven?

I can see why we should forgive him, and those he killed. Some people are sick and do horrible things not knowing really what they've done. While others will kill those same sick people and call them evil, devil, killers, murderers and so forth. But then again GOD created us, as we are, and if we are possesed by demons then would GOD not expect that and account for it?

There for forgiving any and every one, even if they believe in other GODs? Remember some cultures know nothing of christianity, like in the Amazon!

Take a lesson from good old "JULIET" "What's in a name? that which we call a rose
    By any other name would smell as sweet;" Im not sure that's 100% right, but is it not possible that GOD has many names, and when jessus said that the beard we eat is his flesh, and the wine is his blood, that inturn those things are apart of each of us??

Haha, now that is interesting I'll tell you what. Depending on how you look at it, there are different interpretations, and different options.

I know people are probably sick of hearing me say this stuff but it's what I see GOD as. GOD is one and all, people, earth, grass, tree, atoms, thunder, oxygen, zink, rocks, lava, vacume of space, matter, anti-matter, and anything else that matters. Get it? Haha. OK so I'm silly what ever. I am GOD, you are GOD, because GOD is apart of one and all. Any body see that? Heck, I know its way out there, but our consiousness could very well be GOD's. There are no right or wrongs only possibilities. Go a head and prove me wrong, it's very plossible you could, but it's more likely you won't. :)

So what do you think can we be redeemed no matter what??

Sorry, I went a little off topic.
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2009, 09:27 PM
    Nestorian,
    I hope and pray that all souls will be redeemed, BUT I fear that many will not be.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Akoue Posts: 1,098, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2009, 01:28 AM

For what it's worth, the Catholic Church teaches that the only unforgivable sin is the sin of rejecting God's forgiveness. Since, as Fred rightly points out, God is infinitely merciful, it is ultimately we who either accept or reject that mercy. If we choose to reject it, then we condemn ourselves. We must never despair. If we do, we are lost.
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2009, 09:02 PM
    Akoue,
    YES!!
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm completely lost [ 10 Answers ]

Threads merged Okay so basically I have a crush on my best friend's "girlfriend", they're not really a couple actually, in the four months since he asked her to be his girlfriend they've never went on a single date and the only time they were anythig close to alone her best friend was there. So...

Factor 4x^2 - 8x= completely [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how to factor this problem completely because I have no idea of what Im doing here.

And now for something completely different [ 84 Answers ]

Yes that's right Boys and Girls, step right up and... Ask Me Anything The Rules Ask me anything you want that isn't to do with this site and I will answer in a style of my choosing. That's the rules done, now what are you waiting for? Ok I know it's on the wrong board, but this is...

Factor Completely [ 3 Answers ]

how do I solve this problem Factor Completely 16x squared - 81y to the fourth

Help! Ear Completely Bitten Off [ 1 Answers ]

PLEASE HELP! My friend was in a fight tonight and 'his opponent' bit off his entire ear! The doctors at the emergency room are telling him because there were no blood vessels to attach, they could not reattach his ear. He is now undergoing surgery to 'close' his ear. He is devastated, feels...

View more questions Search