Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    capecodgirl24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2008, 10:42 AM
    New Shih Poo puppy won't eat? Any suggestion?
    I just bought my son a 7 week old Shih Poo puppy for Christmas. The problem is he hasn't eaten at all. He (after 4 days) ate a couple of bites of wet puppy food, but hasn't eaten since. I was told by the Vets office that he won't starve himself, but he seems very weak to me. Im very worried! Ive even tried to cut up some chicken (turkey) and he still won't eat. He is drinking and peeing normally, but still I know he has to eat. He is very shy and always shaking. He will only go as far as the piddle pad and his water. Other than that, he is always sleeping. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... :confused::(
    JoyfulTI Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2009, 05:17 PM
    Do not use it as a permeant replacement as food source. A food supplement that you can use to give you puppy is Nutri-cal. They have one of dogs and puppies. It is a vitiman that helps that gain weight and gives them nutrient.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to take care of a shih tzu puppy? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I just got a 3 months old shih tzu (I named it ficco) and He doesn't want to be put in the crate so I just let him in a small room with papers on every corners. The problem is.. is it okay if I leave him in that room from 7am-3pm? Because I'm in college. Though I have a maid who only gives...

New puppy won't stop breathing weird. Won't poop either. [ 5 Answers ]

I just got a new puppy yesterday afternoon. He's 8 weeks old, and came from a farm. We brought him home, and the whole time he was breathing weird, like he's grunting. He slept throughout the night OK, but when I got up and took him outside, he peed but was whimpering the whole time. (I think that...

Shih tzu puppy yapping problem [ 7 Answers ]

Please help! I have a 2 1/2 month old mixed breed puppy and 1 month old shih tzu who yaps every time that it gets on my nerves! I never had this kind of problem with my other puppy. And also, when they play, my shih tzu yaps and barks at my other puppy like they are fighting and would not stop...

Shih Tzu Puppy Throwing Up [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 5+ month old shih tzu puppy. He has been throwing up about every other morning since last week. (Including today, has thrown up two days in a row since he also did yesterday.) Very odd. He is still eating, pooping/peeing regularly. Everything looks good. He had been on muscle...

Puppy shih-tzu [ 2 Answers ]

My puppy who is four months old, just started licking a tearing up her puppy pads and if she misses the pad and it gets pee pee on the floor she is licking it up. This is strange and she just started doing this:( :( :confused:

View more questions Search