Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joewider Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2008, 07:50 PM
    RTH221B wiring with only yellow and green wires
    I have an old Honeywell thermostat (rotary type). There are two wires, what seems to be green and maybe offwhite/yellow. They're coming off a late 1940s gas furnace with fan blower. I wired the yellow and green wires to the yellow and green terminals and the furnace and fan came on and never shut off. I had to disassemble the unit to shut it off.

Is there another wiring possibility? I programmed the unit before I stuck it on the mounted base, could that have done anything?

This is my Mom's home in north Jersey, so there's no AC.

Thanks for any help!
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 28, 2008, 09:51 PM
    Use W and RH for the terminals. It does not make a difference which wire goes where since there are only 2 wires.

See wiring 2.3 first picture right side

http://customer.honeywell.com/techli...69-2060EFS.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does the colors green,white and yellow mean [ 8 Answers ]

What does the colors on the gauge of the condensing unit mean ,and how can I tell if I have a problem?

Green and Yellow creams [ 2 Answers ]

I have two little containers of face and body stuff. There's one green one that says "nourish", the yellow one says "nourish". They are really small little tubs. I assume they were once part of a set, because there are no additional markings on them. My question is this: What are they? Where...

Finding Clues, yellow,blue,white,green,red teams [ 4 Answers ]

Movie in the 80's I loved to watch. It had teams of people all teens. They had to find clues to win and they found a clue at a mini golf course, an airport with HareKrishna's there and a hotel. The teams car matched the color of the teams. Please help?:confused:

Wiring of a thermostat RTH221B Honeywell [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Folks, I have a basic Honneywell programmable electronic thermostat (Honeywell RTH221B) that I would like to use to replace the existing very basic and very old (turn knob type) thermostat in my apartment. I read the install manual but it doesn't tell me where to connect the existing wiring....

View more questions Search