Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hime Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2008, 08:06 AM
    I need tips, to get my ex back or at least become as closer as we were.
    Girls, that have break-up with your boyfriend, what do you want him or expecting him to do to stay real close friends?
    And boys that girlfriend break with them what did you do to stay close and what not to do?

Help please, I really miss her and having time with her. She’s my best friend I ever had.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 24, 2008, 08:25 AM

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ne-223309.html

What have you been doing since the break up, to build a life that you enjoy without her? How old are you, and how long were you in a relationship? Why did you break up? Made any new friends lately??
    hime Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2009, 07:08 AM
    I've been trying to continue life without her, keeping my distance, I have a full time job now (even if it's not going to well sometime, personally and professionally).

I'm 23. It was a 1 year and 7 months relation ship, my first one and the only one I really consider as a relationship. I had an other one after her but for a month, maybe a little less, I didn't really love that girl, I guest it was for helping me forget my true love.

I don't really know why we break up, I never understood, she said we wasn't made for each other. But I know she was the love of my life and I really really miss her and love her.
    skydive4life Posts: 84, Reputation: 6

Jan 4, 2009, 07:13 AM

I no how you feel.. it may seem like there the love of your life but if you give it time you'll realize that there are better girls out there
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 4, 2009, 07:17 AM

The only true love in life is you, and its time to cope with those feelings you have of her, and move on.

Good Luck with your job.
    411Help Posts: 428, Reputation: 103

Jan 4, 2009, 08:37 AM

Think about it man.

She's not worth it.

You need to move on.

I know the first loves are always the hardest, but trust me. You'll have more.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2009, 08:46 AM

First loves are always the hardest, that is the boat I am in, but they are also the most rewarding to get over, as you learn so much about yourself during that time. Don't use self pitty too much... it will kill you. Make yourself better, and realize you were good enough to be with her, so you are obviously good enough to be without her!
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2009, 09:54 AM

You can't get someone back that doesn't want to won back.

You can't be friends with someone that doesn't want to be friends with you.

At this point you shouldn't even want to be friends with her because your not over her. Don't think that if your friends with her she would want to get back with you, that's only giving yourself false hope.

Move on, and the only way you can do so is by letting go and realizing it is over. Move on with your life and stop being stuck on her.

You find love and lose love, that's life.
    a la king Posts: 121, Reputation: 22

Jan 4, 2009, 10:55 AM

I think most of us chose NOT to be friends with our exes. Or at least discovered that the breakee goes through so much pain and agony only being friends that it really isn't worth it in the end.

When you stay friends what basically happens is you put your emotions of getting past the breakup on hold while the person who initiated the breakup moves on and gets stronger and stronger. Do you really want to watch her go on dates?

Do yourself a huge favor and let it go. Go cry in a corner like most of us do and work on yourself... without her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I move her closer? [ 2 Answers ]

My wife is in a PDC allmost 200 miles away and it is very hard on my kids and I to see her. This is the first time she has ever done anything wrong and she is serving 16 to 20 months. There is a PDC 12 miles from my house. What is the proper way to handle this.

F-1 closer connection exception [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been present in the U.S. for more than 5 years as a student, and am currently finishing up my OPT. Has anyone had experiences with filing as a non-resident for tax purposes under the Closer Connection Exception for Students (the second one listed under: The Closer Connection...

Getting closer! [ 1 Answers ]

From our home page: Questions: 102,283, Posts: 480,468, Members: 179,253 Less than 20k left. Who's still in? I haven't seen anything on this in awhile...

Just wanting closer! [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend ended our relationship a couple of days ago by telling me she just wanted to be friends. A month previous to this I tried to distance myself and get space. She wouldn't allow it. She texted me and wouldn't give me the space needed to move on. A week after this, I once again tried...

View more questions Search