Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chikadeee73 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2008, 05:01 AM
    I pushed him away, but I want him back. Do I chase him?
    Usually I won't chase a guy... if he doesn't want to be with me, I stop talking to them until I can get a clear head and I try to move on even if I like him a lot.

This time, I feel like I have to chase him...

[Here's the background story:

I met this guy in October... At this time, he was completely over his ex and was ready to move forward. I still liked the last guy I was with but I started to like the new guy too. We moved pretty fast, and after about three weeks of knowing each other, we hooked up but then he got mad because I still liked the other guy. We thought we were done then since I didn't know what I wanted, but a few days later, we started to act like we were dating... holding hands, spending the whole day together, texting all the time and then eventually sleeping together (not sex).

We acted like this even though he knew that I liked the other guy the whole time. I told him it wasn't fair for him to have to wait around for me when I don't know what I want, but he said he didn't care, that he had his guard up, and that he'd wait for me because he liked me very much.

Eventually I got closure from the old guy and told the new guy I was ready to be with him... I thought things were fine, but a couple of days later he decided he didn't want to be with me anymore because of the fact that I took too long to decide (A month and a half ) He said he wasn't happy anymore. He said he liked me so much but the fact that I couldn't say that I wanted him too made him unhappy and unsure.

... Which I completely get. I messed up big time. I don't know how he dealt with the fact that there was someone else because I know for sure that I couldn't deal with that and come "second."

It's been three weeks since we.. "broke up"... he said he we were done because I took too long, because he wanted to be single and just sort things out, and because he didn't know what he wanted anymore.

I feel like a lot of that is my fault because we had something really great and I had to mess it up because I couldn't get over a jerk.

Last Sunday, he told me that when we were together, he wanted to tell me he was in love with me, but he didn't because he thought I'd get scared by the fact that we hadn't known each other that long, and because there was another guy.

He told me he wasn't going to make me wait for him but that I shouldn't try looking for other guys just to have another guy. ]

The question is : Do I give it my all and show him that I am really, really sorry and that I really want him back... do I just put myself way out there, like he did... and do I just try really hard, like he did?

OR...

DO I just cut off contact for now? And make him come back to me? One of my friends said that I shouldn't play hard to get because I already made him wait a month and a half for me and he doesn't deserve to go through more games. So what do I do? I'm sorry I know it's very long, I just don't know what to do!

Since we've been on winter break, I haven't made that much of an effort to talk to him and he's called me a few timse and Imed me a few times to talk but also b.c he's trying to get my best friend with his cousin so they needed help. But yeeah. He knows that most of my friends want me to play hard to get haha and he said he wants to see me this break, but if I want to hang out I have to ask... I feel like he's testing me ?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 24, 2008, 08:34 AM

I feel like this is a game to make you chase him, and make you feel guilty for keeping him on a string for so long. Sorry, life is to short for this game playing crap, and you may be better off in the long run, letting him play his games himself, and starting a new fresh, more honest thing with someone else, or better yet, stay single, and have fun for yourself for a while.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Depression and being pushed away [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Thanks for reading my message and I hope some of you can help me? I've never used a site like this before but feel I need some advice. My partner suffers from depression and has just started seeing his doctor and taking anti-depressants. We only started seeing each other in October...

She says I pushed her and scared her away [ 4 Answers ]

Ok so this really beautiful girl I work with and I have been best friends for a year now. She had a boyfriend and wasn't happy and finally left him for me (we had sex twice in the year they were going out). Soon after she started staying at my place and everything was nice. She said her dad thought...

I love him so much but I pushed him away how do I get him back? [ 14 Answers ]

My boyfriend (26)and I (27) have been together for three years. I love him so much. I have never felt the love I feel for him for anyone else. Last year we took a one month break because I felt that the communication and the trust was not really there. He worked on his issue of trust and...

Pushed away [ 3 Answers ]

What to say when being pushed away

I think I pushed my friend into something [ 4 Answers ]

My friend casey went out with this guy brad, and he never respected her. He didn't treat her right at all. Never telling her were he is, ignoring her, not introducing her to his friends, never checking if she's OK.. things like that.. and he recently broke up with her. Now she wants to go and...

View more questions Search