Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abodh Posts: 47, Reputation: -2

Dec 23, 2008, 06:13 AM
    I-130 Process with NVC
    I-130 (petitioned by US Citizen to spouse) was approved on first week of September 2008. When I called NVC asking status, they have not received it yet. The information officer told me usually it takes only about 4 to 6 week to get paper from CIS. I asked NVC what can I do and answer was send the copy of approval to NVC which I did about 4 weeks ago. I started calling to get the status on NVC line but automated system says they have no record of my CIS receipt #. Please advise what would be appropriate action to follow?

Dec 24, 2008, 09:03 AM

Any answer please?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Dec 24, 2008, 03:24 PM

Need more info.. which country are you from, where are you now, etc.

Dec 25, 2008, 07:17 AM

I am in the USA, VA and my spouse is in Nepal.
    Immigration Expert

Dec 25, 2008, 01:11 PM

It takes about 4-6 weeks after approval of I-130, the case will be transferred to NVC and it takes approx 4 months from NVC to the consulate. The consulate has 4 months to process the case, but also has the authority to extend for another 4 months if they have much backlog. If the case has been updated online, nothing to worry about.. just wait.

Dec 30, 2008, 06:22 AM

My concern is - NVC has no record of my case at all. What should I do?

Jan 2, 2009, 07:27 AM

It has been over 4 months since I-130 was approved by USCIS and copy was sent to us. But, NVC still does not have record of my file. What should I do next?
    Immigration Expert

Jan 2, 2009, 12:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by abodh View Post
    It has been over 4 months since I-130 was approved by USCIS and copy was sent to us. But, NVC still does not have record of my file. What should I do next?
    Your country is one of those with very long waiting list. If you already received Notice of approval from USCIS, no need to be worried, just wait and check if the visa number is current. NVC will never issue anything to you... they will forward the case to the consulate. It could take over a year. Be patience.
    luvusa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2009, 09:54 AM
    Question My uncle filed I-130 petition for his son (in INDIA) under F2b (unmarried daughter over 21)category in 1999 My uncle was on permanent resident that time. He received the approval of our I-130 few months later within the same year. Here are some changes since my uncle filed his petition.** His son got got married in 2002 and has a baby a years later, My uncle got his citizenship in Nov 2005 and Refiled I-130(Married son/daughter over 21) and got a approval letter in March 2006.**Right after he refiled I-130(F3) and got approval letter, his son got a interview letter for (F2b). But my uncle wrote NVC letter informing them that his son got married back in 2000 and also stated that he has already refiled I-130(F3) for him. They waiting for there turn now.
    Now This is what I want to ask. I last week I met someone(also from India) who had the same situation as my Uncle, this person I met said that he said that he converted his daughter's case from being F2b to F3 last year Dec. 08. And they just got a letter asking for original Docs ( which usually happens right before a interview date). Is this something that could be true or not if it is. Is it possible for my Uncle to request NVC to reopen his son's F2b file and Convert it to F3.
    If yes, then would his priority date be 1999 for would it still be 2005.

Your advise appreciated,
    luvusa
    trimm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2010, 05:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lawanwadee View Post
    Need more info.. which country are you from, where are you now, etc.

Post-Decision Activity
    On December 17, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

Post-Decision Activity
    On December 17, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

THIS IS WHAT THE NOTICE SAYS TO ME

The above petition has been approved .we have sent the original visa petition to deparmentof state nantional visa center nvc rochester NH 03801-2909 nvc processes all aproved immigrant visa petiitions thet need to consular action its also determines which post iss appropriate consulate to complete procesing
    Please allow us 90 days before calling to nvc if you not recive corospondace from nvc the tell number is 6033340700

AND THE BULLETIN ON THE NVC PAGE SAYS ( JANUARY 2010 )

2A --- 1JAN2006

I'm from Albania
    And I have applied February 2007

So how long will it take to me to be all completed and to enter USA please ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

NVC process [ 6 Answers ]

I have petitioned for my wife I-130, US citizen filing for spouse. I-130 is apporved on Sept first week and forwarded to NVC. What is next step and how long it will take for interview in US Embassy in the overseas?

Us tax process for nra [ 3 Answers ]

Heh Help me understanding the us tax process for NRAs Like how all types of visa holders are liable to pay the tax in US Regards Siri

What process would you use [ 2 Answers ]

To separate sand from sand and copper sulfate mixture that has been shaken up?

Process [ 1 Answers ]

How do I start the process of applying

View more questions Search