Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frilled2b Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2008, 05:04 PM
    Abandoned personal property
    Brittany moved out 2 months ago. She is my fiancé's daughter. She was back only for 2 months after leaving last year for the same problems. She wants to live for free and be the boss. She lift under aggravated circumstances. Now we would like to turn her room into a office. She left everything in the room even her cloths. She was told to get her belongings over a month ago. A district Magistrate told her to remove her property in two weeks. We live in Pennsylvania, what we want to know is what kind of notice I need to give her to remove her belongings. If she don't want these thing I want to take them to Good will. We plan on celling the house this year and I don't wish to just store them where I will just have to move them again. Or cluttering up the garage or basement.
    Thanks for any help.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2008, 05:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by frilled2b View Post
    Brittany moved out 2 months ago. She is my fiancé's daughter. She was back only for 2 months after leaving last year for the same problems. She wants to live for free and be the boss. She lift under aggravated circumstances. Now we would like to turn her room into a office. She left everything in the room even her cloths. She was told to get her belongings over a month ago. A district Magistrate told her to remove her property in two weeks. We live in Pennsylvania, what we want to know is what kind of notice I need to give her to remove her belongings. If she don't want these thing I want to take them to Good will. We plan on celling the house this year and I don't wish to just store them where I will just have to move them again. Or cluttering up the garage or basement.
    Thanks for any help.

You should have the order from the Magistrate which should say something along the lines that the property has to picked up in 2 weeks or you can dispose of it.

If you do NOT have that Order send her a registered letter, return receipt. Tell her you are disposing of her property in a reasonable time frame, usually 30 days.

If you know where she is, take them to her. If you have a relative who will take them, deliver them there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abandoned property [ 1 Answers ]

There is an abandoned house on my block that has been unoccupied for 8 years. How can I obtain the rights to this property. It's in decent condition and I want to live in it while I fix it up...

Disposal of abandoned evicted tenant's personal property [ 1 Answers ]

What is to be done with the abandoned property of a court-evicted Illinois tenant? Does the landlord need to keep it? If so, how long?

Abandoned Property in NY [ 7 Answers ]

I have an interest in two abandoned properties. Both properties has been abandoned for 3 years and both has delinquent taxes on them. Both properties are still owned by the owners. But one of the properties has an owner that cannot be located. The current address for that property is the...

View more questions Search