Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chryste7 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2008, 09:20 PM
    Water entering refrigerator compartment from top freezer.
    I own a Kenmore Coldspot self-defrost refrigerator/top freezer model#70192000 made in Aug. 2000. Recently I have noticed water accumulating in the fridge compartment on the top most shelf as well as under both crisper drawers. The water collection tray at the underside of the refrigerator is completely dry but very dirty from previous self-defrost cycles. Some ice was also mixed in with water in the fridge compartment and it is also wet where cold air enters the fridge compartment.

Is there a simple solution to this problem and why did it happen in the first place?
    Please help me resolve this problem!
    Thank You,
    Jim
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2008, 08:19 PM

Chryste7 - Every time the self defrost comes on and melts the ice inside the freezer, it is susposed to run the water down to under the fridg. To the pan you said was dry. This tube down the back inside of the fridg. Sometimes gets stopped upwith crud,and water will spill inside the fridg. To solve the problem take a soft clothes hanger and slowly push it down threw the drain tube, also if you have a baster use hot water in it to wash the tube out , do this about every other month ; as for wetness being just inside of the freezer door , the seal on the door is leaking and forming frost in the freezer and the warm air hitting right there is melting the frost, check the seal all the way around , for tears, loosness,cleane
    Ss :: NOTE - Use warm or hot water and liqid
    Soap to wash the seals on both the doors at least once a month ,they get dirty easy and
    Fail to seal right when that way , also as to the freezer door it may be out of adjustment and not closeing right;; Think of this - you take a glass and put ice in it then fill it up with water or tea and it's a nice warm day ,what
    Happens, water forms on the out side of the glass, this is what happens when a seal leaks on your fridg. Or freezer doors and insidethe unit, ;; I hope I have helped you with your problem:: Have a nice day and GOD BLESS ::: F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water seeping into food disposal wiring compartment [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I've got a 1 yr old Badger 5 food disposal that has water seeping into th AC wiring compartment (on the bottom). The water is apparently seeping from the interior housing. When attempting to turn the disposal on/ pressing the reset I noticed a small puff of smoke coming from where the AC cord...

Refrigerator and freezer [ 3 Answers ]

I wonder what the difference is between a refrigerator and a freezer is. Does A freezer defrost like a refrigerator every 20 minutes or so. Why do ice cubes stick together in a refrigerator tray. Maybe because they defrost So much? It seems the deep freezer maintains it temperance ...

Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator: fridge not cold, freezer is frosty! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I have a slightly over a year old Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator (model #: ABR1922FES). Yesterday, I noticed that the fridge wasn't as cold as it should be, so I turned the temp control cooler, and then, as per the owner's manual, waited 24 hours for it to kick in. It didn't....

2 month old 1,100.00 Whirlpool refrigerator dripping water on freezer side only. [ 1 Answers ]

Our problem is we have water dripping down the back wall of the freezer to the bottom tray. The water is not hitting the floor yet. Hopefully we caught it soon enough. This is happening in our new whirlpool model #ED5HGXSB00 that we bought 2-3 months ago from Best Buy. It is a side by side...

View more questions Search