Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Animals123 Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Dec 16, 2008, 03:06 PM
    Animal Spirits?
    I think I have 2 animal spirits living in my home. My dog seems to be bothered by them. She will watch them and they keep her from feeling relaxed. I have seen them out of the corner of my eye. A cat skeleton was uncovered in our basement during a recent renovation. I also believe that there may be a small dog here as well. How do I ask the spirits to leave?
    Eileen1218 Posts: 145, Reputation: 8

Dec 16, 2008, 03:24 PM

Animals do not have spirits... they have emotions and when they die there's no spirit or soul to come back and bother you. If you're in a new home and for a short period maybe you're feeling a little strange about your new surroundings
    1099669 Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Dec 16, 2008, 06:00 PM

One night I suddenly woke up to see a large white dog walk across the foot of my bed. I did not have a dog at the time. I got out of bed and walked through the entire house, and there was no dog. I do not necessarily believe in ghosts or spirits, but I know what I saw. I am sorry that I do not know how to help you, but I want you to know that anything is possible.
    Good luck

Dec 16, 2008, 08:27 PM

Thanks for your support. I still believe animals have spirits. I'm OK with them here but my dog seems unsettled by it/them. I just want her to be comfortable. Nice to know I'm not alone in seeing them.

Dec 16, 2008, 09:33 PM

Where's the idiom? Do you mean in reference to indigenous peoples? I'm not sure I understand your comment.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2008, 04:26 PM

If they are anything like my dogs, just fill up a wash tub. They'll be gone.

Dec 17, 2008, 05:15 PM

Ha! That's cute. Mine is the same way:)
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Dec 19, 2008, 12:50 AM

I also believe that animals have spirits. As much as I hate to cite such a banal source, I think Disney's Pocahontas put it very well when she sang that every rock and tree and creature has a life, a spirit, a name.

Anyway, while animals do have spirits, they are often far better at living in the present, and in shifting their consciousness to different levels of awareness, than many humans. For that reason, when animals die, their spirits or "ghosts" do not usually get stuck or confused the way humans sometimes do. Animals usually go very easily through the gateway into the world beyond it, and back into the greater world of being.

Anyway, it is not so much a question of asking them to leave as giving them peace. Or I could say giving them comfort, or giving them love. You could put out some food or treats for these spirits, or make a special place for them, a warm safe place. They probably will move on, or at least settle down, so your dog can get used to them. For your dog, the best thing is just to pet her and soothe her whenever you see it agitating her.

What did you do with the cat skeleton? Burying it outside would be best. No elaborate funeral service needed, just a simple showing of respect, same as you would want someone to do if they accidentally dug up your skeleton.
    gmschofer Posts: 22, Reputation: 4

Dec 19, 2008, 11:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alder View Post
    I also believe that animals have spirits. As much as I hate to cite such a banal source, I think Disney's Pocahontas put it very well when she sang that every rock and tree and creature has a life, a spirit, a name.

Anyway, while animals do have spirits, they are often far better at living in the present, and in shifting their consciousness to different levels of awareness, than many humans. For that reason, when animals die, their spirits or "ghosts" do not usually get stuck or confused the way humans sometimes do. Animals usually go very easily through the gateway into the world beyond it, and back into the greater world of being.

Anyway, it is not so much a question of asking them to leave as giving them peace. Or I could say giving them comfort, or giving them love. You could put out some food or treats for these spirits, or make a special place for them, a warm safe place. They probably will move on, or at least settle down, so your dog can get used to them. For your dog, the best thing is just to pet her and soothe her whenever you see it agitating her.

What did you do with the cat skeleton? Burying it outside would be best. No elaborate funeral service needed, just a simple showing of respect, same as you would want someone to do if they accidentally dug up your skeleton.
    I agree; well said Alder.

Dec 19, 2008, 11:50 AM

I like your idea about making a safe place for them.

It occurred to me that they may be attached to my dog and not the house.
    She was rescued from a native reserve where they are quite cruel to their animals. She was rescued just before "dog days" where they round up and shoot all the strays. There are usually dozens of dogs. My dog (Kaci) may have a history with the spirits.

This is just speculation.

I appreciate your advice Alder. Thank you.
    Josh123313 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2008, 02:05 AM
    Well I had a cat until Saturday and I still here her whining

Dec 26, 2008, 10:58 AM

I'm sorry for your loss. I hope she crossed peacefully.
    Josh123313 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2009, 03:23 PM
    She did but I think my male cat feels her presence too
    pattijo55 Posts: 104, Reputation: 5

Jan 28, 2009, 02:12 PM
    I just love your answers Alder! Patti
    Black Dragon Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2009, 02:40 PM

I to believe. I think you should ask your neighbor to baby sit kaci for a little bit while you take a bible and picture the animals in front of u. next, take holey water & poore some on the area of witch you see them. The final task is to them: pass on to the next step.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get rid of spirits? [ 10 Answers ]

It's been three weeks now and I cannot get rid of this shadows in my room.. They seem to like energy I have heard that they take it from you while you sleep in order to stay in this world... They can read your thoughts and they are possesive to the point of agony I can't take it anymore.. ...

Spirits [ 9 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Some odd things have been going on in my house lately hense my being here today. My family is fairly religious, my mom has had stuff happen to her in the past growing up, things moving around and floating things like that. This is not a joke... They moved out of the house when the...

Spirits are following me [ 9 Answers ]

I was told by a physchic that I have spirits following me and have for a while. I was also told that I have a demon following me. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME!!

What spirits are [ 3 Answers ]

I believe for the most part free roaming spirits are angels either demon or the ones on Gods team what are your thoughts?

Do I have spirits? [ 6 Answers ]

I visit abanded asylums,with that all photos have orbs with faces,really.I get chills a lot with hair on the back of my neck & the heat is blastingg.I hear whispering when I go to bed on one occasion a girls voice clearly said "can you help me? on another night I got up to get a drink and turned...

View more questions Search