Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MADDOGPOPPY Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2008, 12:58 PM
    Puppy housetraining
    I HAVE A SIX MONTH COCKER SPANIEL/POODLE CROSS WHO WAS IS ALMOST 100% TRAINED BUT IS MANIFESTING SIGNS OF REGRESSING.This morning was the last straw when I put her out to pee,she didn't,so after 10 minutes brought her in and left the door open.She immediately ran upstairs and peed on my unmade bed.
    I put her outside immediately and she is still there,30MINS later, at the window,probably wondering what she did wrong!
    Should I go COLD TURKEY and leave her there all day!
    Eileen1218 Posts: 145, Reputation: 8

Dec 16, 2008, 01:25 PM

NO... she doesn't any idea what she done wrong. You will most likely have to take her outside. Does she go to the door when she has to pee or show you some sign? The last puppy I raised done the same thing... it was like he forgotten everything he knew about going outside... I just kept urging him to go outside . I only scolded him for peeing in the house and he hated that... soon he was going outside again.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2008, 01:29 PM

Do you give her treats when she goes potty outside? If you do, do you give them to her while she's still outside or after you bring her in?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Housetraining Lab puppy in apartment [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, This is my first post and appreciate any advice you might like to share. We have a 15week old black labrador puppy who we have had since he was 7 weeks old. Since we got him he has always been quite unpredictable with his toileting; most books say puppies will need to go within 20...

Housetraining our new Dashund Puppy! [ 2 Answers ]

We have a new puppy and while we are home most of the day to take her out often We don't know what to do about the evening! How often should we take her out at night? She is 6 weeks old right now! What time should we take away her food and water? Should she get any at night? She is a very tiny...

Trouble housetraining pet store puppy [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I could really use some help. Against my better judgment I purchased an adorable malti-poo from a pet store. She was 4 months old then and quite used to going to the bathroom in her crate. I've had her 2 months now and feel like I'm not getting anywhere in the housetraining dept. She doesn't...

Housetraining Pet Shop Puppy [ 14 Answers ]

My husband and I made the uneducated mistake of purchasing an adorable, loveable miniature poodle from a pet store. I am ashamed, disgusted and feel terribly guilty about doing this after finding out information about pet shop puppies. I have lost sleep and have prayed for forgiveness for my...

Housetraining [ 7 Answers ]

Hello - I have 2 dogs. My poodle is 2 years old and we have the toughest time with him. We live in a townhouse, so for him to go potty we have to take him outside. I take both of our dogs (we also have a 9 month border terrier mix) outside evry 1 to 1 1/2 hours. The Terrier (Jelly)...

View more questions Search