Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rubicaa Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2008, 11:04 PM
    Want my husband to be deported
    Hey there,
    I got married in 2006 in India ,and I sponsored him on spousal immigration and he came to Canada in September 2008 and became landed immigrant and got his permanent residence.
    When he came here he was totally a new person and it was not possible for me to live with him.so I asked him for divorce .now I want him to leave Canada and I want that he should be deported and I don't want to sponsor him any more what should I do to make sure that he must be deported from Canada. Please reply me I am very confused.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Dec 16, 2008, 07:19 AM

File a divorce ASAP and once it's final, notify immigration with copy of your divorce decree that you are already divorced. Leave it to immigration, you do not have authority to deport anyone.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2008, 02:45 PM

Agreed,

Also Immigration will decide if he can file to stay in Canada by himself without a sponsor.

Don't worry about what happens to him, just divorce, advise CIC and move on with your life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband deported, does my tax status change? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband was deported - I am wondering if it is still OK to keep my tax status 'Married' (jointly or separately)? We are married, but have not lived together since 2004. (Posting is also under TAX)

Was he deported? [ 3 Answers ]

I am married to a man of Egyptian decent who basically swindled me to get his citizenship. Before we could get to the interview things went really sour. He left me and moved back to his apt with his friends. Years later I find that he has destroyed my credit and I am now in serious debt. I...

Husband Got Deported 10 yrs ago [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all. I was married 10 years ago. I feel in love and realized too late that he did not really love me back. He wanted a green card. We were living with my parents when he left to stay with his fam in their apartment. He used my name and ruined my credit. Years later, I figure out that this...

Husband deported, does my tax status change? [ 5 Answers ]

My husband was deported - I am wondering if it is still OK to keep my tax status 'Married' (jointly or separately)? We are married, but have not lived together since 2004.

How do I find out if my husband was deported? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband was arrested and now none of the jails or highway patrol will help me find out what happened to him. I am very scared for we have a kid together he is an illigal and can be deported please help:( SCARED WIFE

View more questions Search