Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pattijo55 Posts: 104, Reputation: 5

Dec 14, 2008, 05:22 PM
    Diamond ring
    Does a diamond ring always have prongs holding the diamond in? Thanks p
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Dec 14, 2008, 06:04 PM
    To answer your question. "Does a diamond ring always have prongs holding the diamond in ?" No. If you're the type of person that's rough on your jewelry, think about having your stones reset into a new mounting with a low profile. A low mounting like a Bezel-Set mounting for example! (One with no prongs, the Diamonds sit flush in the mounting!)
    jennycarol Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2009, 04:57 AM
    Diamonds can be encrusted in jewelry using many types of settings. Prong setting is just 1 of them. Other most common ones are Bezel setting, channel setting, bar setting, flush setting, pave setting and many more.
    deposition man Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2009, 07:53 AM
    [QUOTE=pattijo55;1428880]Does a diamond ring always have prongs holding the diamond in?

Prongs are one way to set a diamond there are numourous other ways to set a diamond like channel setting(a bar of gold on either side of the diamond) besel setting (gold all the way aroung the diamond)... But prongs show the whole diamond best and are pretty safe
    Hope this helped

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Solitaire diamond ring or a diamond ring of small diamonds of same carat weight? [ 11 Answers ]

Which dioamond ring should I buy a solitaire diamond ring or a diamond ring of small diamonds of same carat weight?

Does anyone know where to sell a diamond ring, besides a pondshop? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a diamond ring that I never wear and I would like to sell it. I don't know any place besides a pond shop . Does anyone know any jewelry shops that buy?

Which diamond ring should I buy? [ 3 Answers ]

Which dioamond ring should I buy a solitaire diamond ring or a diamond ring of small diamonds of same carat weight?

Hallmark meaning on diamond ring [ 3 Answers ]

Hi There, I have a 1/2 carat diamond ring which has no hallmark as such but the following mark is on the inside of the ring 18ctPLAT. The ring is gold with a platinum setting for the stone but as it's not the normal hallmark I was wondering if anyone can shed any light. Any help appreciated...

View more questions Search