Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Woodwin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2008, 03:21 PM
    Goodman Janitrol Furnace pressure switch fills with condesate
    I have a Goodman Janitrol gas FHA furnace which has been shutting down due to the pressure control switch line fills with condensate. The furnace is vented to the outside and is about 15-20 yrs. Old. Any ideas as to what the problem may be and how to correct it?
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2008, 05:23 PM

The condensate drain hoses and/or trap may be clogged, preventing proper drainage and flooding the switch. Additionally, the pressure switch may need to be moved from the factory-installed location to "higher ground" to eliminate condensate migration.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman Furnace Pressure Switch [ 9 Answers ]

When my furnace tries to come on it blinks 3 times which tells me my pressure switch failed to close. I went and got another one and put on and it is still doing the same thing. When I jumper it out the furnace comes on and works normally. I checked the vent and it is free of debris. Is it...

Janitrol Furnace issue motor would not start and pressure switch stuck closed [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I got this Janitrol Furnace it worked fine. Until my basement flooded then it looks like the circuit board got wet and it was on at the time. So basically I ordered a new board suppose to be coming soon. What happened was when the furnace came on like there were no flames only a bright...

Goodman limit switch/pressure switch? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I've got a goodman furnace (mod. # GHT070-3) it's about 5 years old. Recently, the heat will only kick on for about 30 seconds then shut off. It's giving me 4 flashes: Open limit switch, then it kicks off. After that it gives me 3 flashes and turns back on (pressure switch). It seems the...

Goodman/Janitrol furnace blows but no warm air [ 3 Answers ]

I have a goodman/janitrol AC/natural gas exterior unit. Model year 1992. This season it worked fine the first time it was on. A week later I turned it on and it doesn't blow warm air anymore. It will blow and blow but the air is never warm. Outside next to the unit, you can hear something...

Goodman gas funace pressure switch problem [ 9 Answers ]

I have a Goodman 93% efficient furnace that short cycles the gas burners. It cycles the vent on, starts the igniter, fires the burners and kicks on the blower but the burners only stay on for a short time ( less than 30 seconds). The led on the circuit board gives me 3 flashes indicating " pressure...

View more questions Search