Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alexisk907 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2008, 06:47 AM
    I got pregnant while taking BC, and I feel like boyfriend this it was on purpose.
    Recently, coincidentially, ironically - I asked my boyfriend how he would feel if I ever were to become pregnant while taking birth control. (I have been on it since April, take it religiously - but I was reading posts online about people who have gotten pregnant while on the pill, and just wanted to see what he would think if it were to happen to us). I asked him this towards the end of November, probably around the 25th. I honestly didn't miss a pill, and take it 7 am every morning, I have an alarm set if I'm not waking up by then even just to take it.

Now, I'm pregnant. How ironic is that? Taking birth control, had the conversation with the boyfriend, then somehow get pregnant?? I know (obviously) that no form of BC is 100%.

Anyway, we are both, excited. We are also kind of -- no -- really worried. (we are both in college, live at his parent's). I mean, I know he will be there to support us, and nothing will change between our relationship. I take it as, it was just meant to be. :)

Well, I get the vibe that he thinks that I did this on purpose? He has not directly said it, but he has said 'wow, its weird that you just asked me about if this were to happen, and two weeks later it did'. I don't really know how to go about this. Is there any way to prove that I was on BC? Not that it would change anything if I did prove it.. just let me rest easier knowing that he knows I didn't trick him into it.

I guess I don't really know what I'm asking. I'm just very lost with words right now and confused about this situation, but very excited to be having a little one nine months from now.
    Aloysius Posts: 20, Reputation: 6

Dec 12, 2008, 06:55 AM

First, I want to start by congratulating you on your child-to-be. (:

Second, I really think you should just leave things be. If you vehemently try to prove to him that you didn't get pregnant on purpose, the more guilty you will seem, because naturally something like this would raise suspicion. Maybe he was genuinely humoured about the whole situation, because by the sounds of it, he's pretty excited about the baby himself.

Just sit back, relax, take care of yourself, and birth a nice, healthy baby. (: That's all you can really do at this point.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2008, 06:57 AM

I don't know how you would prove to him that you were on it. All you can really do is hope that he trusts you. Tell him that you understand why he would think it's weird but that you do too. Just be like, "I know you're probably thinking I did this on purpose because this happened after our talk about possibly becoming pregnant, but I promise you it's not like that." I also have 2 friends that got pregnant while using the pill. It's rare but it happens.
    ingrid119 Posts: 63, Reputation: 9

Dec 12, 2008, 07:06 AM

Congratulations! :D

But if your boyfriend does ask (or suggest) that you did it on purpose, just say something along the lines of "babe, come on, give me some credit. If that was the case don't you think I would be a little more sneaky about it?"
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2008, 07:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ingrid119 View Post
    If that was the case don't you think I would be a little more sneaky about it?"
    Yeah seriously, if you did it on purpose would you have asked him about it to begin with? Probably not

Dec 12, 2008, 07:18 AM

Okay.. well this is my first pregnancy, and it is unexpected, so I have no idea where to start on anything. Mostly what I am worried about is what to eat. I have made a doctors appointment, and I started taking prenatals the day I found out I was pregnant. I want to do everything I can to provide my baby a healthy environment.

Do you suggest foods to eat and foods to stay away from? Thanks. Anything else.. honestly ANYTHING... would help.
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2008, 07:23 AM

That's great you started on the prenatals, that's a big one. I've never had a baby either so I don't know if there are particular foods you want to stay away from. There is a website Home Buying Help - Money Management Tools - Home Decorating Ideas - Free Recipes that has a tab at the top for "baby" and then there's a section in the middle of the page that says "pregnancy." from there there's a pregnancy checklist that would probably be helpful. I know when I got married I was referred to theknot.com and there was a lot of good information there. Those checklists are a big help!

Dec 12, 2008, 07:26 AM

Perfect! Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2008, 07:28 AM
    No problem! And congratulations ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I feel I'm taking care of another guys baby [ 5 Answers ]

My baby mother and I agreed that I pay her 200 per month for child support because that was all I could afford because I was left all the bills when we split up. When she found out I got married to someone she got ticked off and filed a petition for child support... I am now paying $400 a month...

How can I make my boyfriend be the 1st taking iniciative [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I am a frustrated girl because my boyfriend never takes iniciative concerning sex - it is always me - if we have sex it is because me, he does not touch my body, not lick me, I do many things to him, I kiss his body, I do oral sex to him even I have swallow the sperms to make him turn on more...

I feel I'm taking care of another guys baby [ 6 Answers ]

My baby mother and I agreed that I pay her 200 per month for child support because that was all I could afford because I was left all the bills when we split up. When she found out I got married to someone she got ticked off and filed a petition for child support... I am now paying $400 a month...

How does my boyfriend really feel? [ 3 Answers ]

I've been on and off with this guy for about a year and rite now, were dating without telling anyone else. Were both in college and he always tells me he wants to keep trying in our relationship, yet I'm not really sure if he does. When were both at our homes durin school breaks, he says that I'm...

My boyfriend stopped taking his meds... again [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there... I am new to this forum, to any forum for that matter... But, I need to get some outside advice on this one My boyfriend has been taking citalopram pretty much since I met him a year and a half ago. About 4 months ago, he stopped taking his pill and was fine for a week or so, then got...

View more questions Search