Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    desperateforans Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2008, 10:28 PM
    I want to evict my adult son from my home in Tampa, FL
    Hello,

Thank you for reading my problem. I have a 29 year old son who is bipolar in addition to being besieged with antisocial personality. The last four years he has been in and out of my home, and refuses to make good use of my help to get help for himself. Lately, he is verbally abusive and threatening and I have just about had it. I can no longer deal with it and am in a self preservation mode. I told him to move out and he says I can't make him. I live in Tampa, Florida. When he moved his stuff back into my house about a year ago ( I pittied him on thanksgiving holidays in 07 because he was homeless and took him in - BIG Mistake) he agreed to contribute $400 to household expenses which of course never manifested. I purchase even the TP he uses, keep a room for his children in my home for his weekend visitations, but I am willing to forgo the 5% joy my grandchildren give me for avoiding the 100% grief my son gives me.

Now, how can I legally remove him from my house and make it so that he cannot even come to my door? I am afraid to lose my cool one of these days when he calls me names, tells me f.u. towers over me with bulging eyes and spitting out of rage (I am a veteran and can have a bad temper if pushed enough), and one of us ends up dead in my house. Please help - I need him out of my house and life, I do not have the faculties to help him with his problems and he really does not think that there is anything wrong with him. No remore no conscience.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2008, 06:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by desperateforans View Post
    Hello,

Thank you for reading my problem. I have a 29 year old son who is bipolar in addition to being besieged with antisocial personality. The last four years he has been in and out of my home, and refuses to make good use of my help to get help for himself. Lately, he is verbally abusive and threatening and I have just about had it. I can no longer deal with it and am in a self preservation mode. I told him to move out and he says I can't make him. I live in Tampa, Florida. When he moved his stuff back into my house about a year ago ( I pittied him on thanksgiving holidays in 07 because he was homeless and took him in - BIG Mistake) he agreed to contribute $400 to household expenses which of course never manifested. I purchase even the TP he uses, keep a room for his children in my home for his weekend visitations, but I am willing to forgo the 5% joy my grandchildren give me for avoiding the 100% grief my son gives me.

Now, how can I legally remove him from my house and make it so that he cannot even come to my door? I am afraid to lose my cool one of these days when he calls me names, tells me f.u., towers over me with bulging eyes and spitting out of rage (I am a veteran and can have a bad temper if pushed enough), and one of us ends up dead in my house. Please help - I need him out of my house and life, I do not have the faculties to help him with his problems and he really does not think that there is anything wrong with him. No remore no conscience.

To keep him out of the house you need a restraining order. Are there Police Reports concerning his behavior?

To get him out of the house - he needs to be evicted according to Florida Law.

Dec 8, 2008, 06:31 AM
    Thank you for replying. No recent police reports - I had him tresspassed some 6 years ago. I am too embarrassed to call the police but will if I have to. So, is there a special way to go about this eviction because he is part of the family/household (domestic relations) or is it like evicting a regular tenant? Thank you again.
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2008, 06:53 AM
    Thank you for replying. No recent police reports - I had him tresspassed some 6 years ago. I am too embarrased to call the police but will if I have to. So, is there a special way to go about this eviction because he is part of the family/household (domestic relations) or is it like evicting a regular tenant? Thank you again.

Unfortunately he's a regular tenant.

Dec 8, 2008, 07:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Unfortunately he's a regular tenant.

Thank you, your insight is much appreciated.
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2008, 08:06 AM
    Thank you, your insight is much appreciated.

Sorry you're going through this. Are you familiar with the eviction laws in Florida? They are posted on this site and easy to search out on the Internet. Or I could copy and paste if you need them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adult son,evict from my home [ 15 Answers ]

How can I evict my 29 year old son out of my house

How to evict an adult child from home? [ 12 Answers ]

Hello - My 18 yr old son needs to figure out life on his own. High school drop out, no job or motivation. He is 6' 4'' and refusing to budge - so how do I go about legally evicting an adult child from family home? Thanks for your advice...

How do I evict adult son? [ 5 Answers ]

I have been trying to help my 26 yr old adult son get his life back together. He is on 2 years probation for making a bad choice of unauthorized use of a vehicle. In other words he was stopped while driving a stolen vehicle however, he was not the person who stole it, just driving it as a favor...

View more questions Search