Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CrissyDi Posts: 250, Reputation: 5

Feb 9, 2009, 08:02 PM

Thanks everyone! I am eating healthy and can't eat junk food because it won't stay in anyway. (Comes out both ways.) It makes the nausea worse. Anywhoo, all that info helps a ton. I do believe my body just might need the extra fluids and storage for the baby while others might not- that makes a lot of sense. And yes, if my doctor makes me feel bad when I know I'm eating right, I will go elsewhere. = ) Whooo, load off the shoulders!

My staples: (daily)

fresh fruit
    cottage cheese
    whole grain bread
    eggs
    cheese
    water
    crackers
    cooked veggies (all kinds)
    fish
    shrimp
    turkey sausage
    sweet potatoes
    subway
    spring mix salad (with dried fruit and nuts, etc- the works)

occasionally (once a week or less)
    chicken (cooked various ways)
    beef
    goat
    lamb
    Icee from the gas station
    smoothies
    caribbean rice and peas
    baked potatoes

very seldom: (Once or twice a month)
    sweets
    pizza
    burgers
    chicken sandwich
    soda
    chinese food
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2009, 05:58 AM

Regarding the shrimp,seafood.Their are certain restrictions on fish for pregnant women due to the potential problems with high mercury content in fish.I would look that up as well.
    Best of luck!
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2009, 08:19 AM

Fish to avoid while pregnant:

Fish Women Should Avoid | Environmental Working Group

Although I haven't heard tuna is bad in small amounts.

Feb 10, 2009, 09:18 AM

Yeh, u know I looked that all up as soon as I found out that I was pregnant. I looked at the different fish that I could eat and the amount per week as well as other seafood items and such.

Thanks
    Maccaroni Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Feb 10, 2009, 03:30 PM

For morning sickness I found Ginger tea and cuppa soups a god send. I can't even look at them now though! The Ginger stops nausea and the soups keep something on your stomach between meals. X
    Maccaroni Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Feb 10, 2009, 04:05 PM

For morning sickness I found Ginger tea and cuppa soups a god send. I can't even look at them now though! The Ginger stops nausea and the soups keep something on your stomach between meals.
    I read that most women gain between 20 - 40lb and that bigger and taller women have bigger babies. My midwife made a chart specially designed around my height and weight when I booked my pregnancy (8 weeks) but my baby is way off the chart at the minute! My bump is so big people keep saying it has to be twins. At about 12 weeks until 20 I felt really fat but since then you can see it is all bump. I would put pictures on here but I can't work out how to either.

Feb 10, 2009, 07:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Maccaroni View Post
    For morning sickness I found Ginger tea and cuppa soups a god send. I can't even look at them now though! The Ginger stops nausea and the soups keep something on your stomach between meals.
    I read that most women gain between 20 - 40lb and that bigger and taller women have bigger babies. My midwife made a chart specially designed around my height and weight when I booked my pregnancy (8 weeks) but my baby is way off the chart at the minute! My bump is so big people keep saying it has to be twins. At about 12 weeks til 20 I felt really fat but since then you can see it is all bump. I would put pictures on here but I can't work out how to either.
    Click on Go Advanced at the bottom of the reply box to post a pic. Thanks for the advice.

Feb 15, 2009, 04:47 PM

OK, everyone, going on 17 weeks and this week, I've been feeling some occasional pressure down in the lower abdomen and in between my legs feels sore like I've been riding a horse or something. And then every once in a while, I feel a sharp pain or something in my croch, some of these feelings are similar to when my period would start. In fact, sometimes it feels like it is going to start but I don't see any fluid or blood.

Is all that normal? How do I know if it's Braxton Hicks? I read they aren't painful, but what I'm feeling is uncomfortbale, I really feel it when I'm rolling over in the bed.
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Feb 16, 2009, 09:41 AM

Buy a Moby wrap... It is the easiest way to keep you hands free and your baby happy.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2009, 10:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CrissyDi View Post
    ok, everyone, going on 17 weeks and this week, I've been feeling some occasional pressure down in the lower abdomen and in between my legs feels sore like I've been riding a horse or something. And then every once in a while, I feel a sharp pain or something in my croch, some of these feelings are similar to when my period would start. In fact, sometimes it feels like it is going to start but I don't see any fluid or blood.

Is all that normal? How do I know if it's Braxton Hicks? I read they aren't painful, but what I'm feeling is uncomfortbale, I really feel it when I'm rolling over in the bed.
    Feeling a fair amount of pressure and discomfort can be normal, but if it continues, or gets worse, let give your midwife a heads up. Try shifting positions and see if it helps.

Braxton Hicks tend to be more of a tightening in your abdomen... can feel sort of like menstrual cramps for some women, but your stomach will get very hard and tight feeling. These will come and go. They can be anywhere from not noticing them at all to down right painful, but most often they are pretty mild. The key to watch for is whether you are getting quite a few in an hours time or if they continue and/or get a pattern to them.

Feb 16, 2009, 02:45 PM

Ok, Doula. I got to OB tomorrow, so I will let everyone know what they say. I talked to the on call Dr last night and she said I need to stay on bed rest until I come in and drink plenty of water. She said it might be from dehydration since I've been vomiting so much. They are also looking at what else they can do about that since I'm not getting any better with the Phenergan.
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2009, 03:06 PM

Being a bit dehydrated can cause your uterus to contract more frequently.
    They likely will try an alternative. I know Phenergan is a popular choice to help with vomiting, but it can also cause it to continue for some people.
    I know some women have found relief with accupuncture as an alternative. Do you tend to get sick at certain times... such as after meals, certain foods, taking a prenatal, etc. or is there no rhymn or reason to it?

Feb 16, 2009, 04:28 PM

All of the above! I just never know. I could go 2 days with no vomiting and then suddenly, here is comes for days in a row. Sometimes once a day and sometimes multiple times a day. And all those things will do it. I tried doing B6, but that came up too and I haven't been able to take my prenatals in a week.

Thanks for explaining the dehydration info to me.

Feb 20, 2009, 12:39 PM

We are now trying a combination of Raglan and Zofran and so far that seems to be working. Sometimes, I still feel a little drowsy and foggy with it, but that's sure better than feeling sick all day!
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2009, 12:53 PM

Ahhh, the joys of pregnancy... :) Glad to hear you are able to keep things down. It's worth some drowsiness. You may find that subsides a bit once you are on it for awhile.

At some point they will possibly wean you off and see how you are doing; whether you need to continue with the meds or if you are fine to go without.

Feb 20, 2009, 04:58 PM

Yeh. And the great thing is that the fetal movement has picked up the last couple of days also. It's rather weird how the baby bounces all around. One minute on the bottom, then suddenly on the side and at the bottom again in a matter of minutes. It's like the tazmanian devil is in my belly. Hee Hee

Mar 9, 2009, 01:42 AM

What can I do to stay regular and prevent constipation? I eat Kashi cereal, veggies, and Activia yogurt daily and it's not keeping the bowels flowing all of a sudden. (maybe due to the Zofran I've been taking for last couple of weeks.)

Mar 9, 2009, 01:44 AM

Also, I stopped the Reglan recently and just use the Zofran, so that might have changed things also. Is there something I should eat or should I just get back on the Reglan (which was taken before meals)?
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2009, 02:59 AM

The Zofran could be adding to it. Constipation, now and then, is pretty common in pregnancy to begin with. Try the usual remedies: increasing your fiber intake... whole grains, fruits, veggies, increasing your fluid intake... when you increase fiber you need to increase fluids as well, and get some exercise each day.

If those types of things aren't enough, check with your doctor about any sort of medication or supplement he/she may suggest. Check with them too about stopping or starting any of the medications you were using. Obviously they should only be taken if necessary.

Mar 24, 2009, 08:33 AM

Hey everyone! I've been feeling so much better with the Zofran. My question for now is about fetal movement. Is it normal at 22 weeks, to feel lots of movement some days and little movement other days?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Just had a baby and confused about pregnancy again [ 3 Answers ]

I had a baby four months ago and haven't had my period yet (I breast fed for two months) I had sex a month ago and took three pregnancy tests (the last one was last week) They all turned out negative but I'm still nervous. Are these tests accurate even though I never started my period after giving...

Pregnancy symptoms,but tubal 9years ago after 6th baby [ 4 Answers ]

Hi,could I be pg after tubal 9 years ago?3 weeks late,all symptoms,but test negative.thank you

Bleeding & cramping in pregnancy but baby is fine? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 7w4d today and I started spotting red and brown today I went to the hospital and was having mild cramping they checked and my cervix is closed and they did an u/s(with a not so great machine)and there was a baby with a heartbeat of 180bpm and a yolk sac, I am going on Monday to get a better...

Pregnancy sack but no baby [ 4 Answers ]

I have very irregular periods and was told that I was between 13 and 117 weeks going by my last period had light bleeding and went t hospital and the did a scan and internal and found the sack but said it was 7 weeks in size.. so now they say I'm either 7 weeks pregnant, the baby stopped developing...

View more questions Search