Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashleysxysp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2008, 12:57 AM
    Tell me honestly what I should do.
    I'm 13 and I want a baby really really REALLY bad!! I've had sex before 3 times so I know what its like, and I don't know I just really want a kid. But I know my parents would litterly KILL me so tell me what I should do! Thanks<3
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Dec 7, 2008, 01:02 AM

You should live your teen years out to the fullest. This means high school, prom, sports, dances, homework, friends, and planning for college.

Don't ruin your childhood. What you are feeling is normal. I have wanted a baby and to be married since I was younger than you. I'm 22 with no children and not married. Why? Because I'm not prepared for such life altering events right now.

Another suggestion, if you are having sex you need to have a pap smear and obtain birth control. Also be checked for std's. Sex is a HUGE responsibility and bringing a life into this world is the HUGEST responsibility ever. At 13, I sincerely doubt you are ready for this.

Who's going to help you take care of the child? Who's going to watch her while you are at work? School? You aren't even old enough to drive. How are you going to take the child to the doctor?

This is simply something that a 13 year old is not ready for. No matter how mature you may think you are. No offense, but enjoy childhood.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2008, 09:27 AM

Most girls your age want to have a kid because they are lonely and they think a child will be there to love them.

It is not about that. You will have to be 100% stable. Financially and emotionally.

At the age of 13, you are not there yet.
    I am 100% sure that you will regret having a baby this young. While you are at home feeding your baby, all your friends will be out having fun. They will not want to hang out with you.
    skydive4life Posts: 84, Reputation: 6

Dec 7, 2008, 09:33 AM

Your not ready for a baby yet you should wait till your older and married. And you shouldn't be having sex till your older you'll make a bad name for yourself if you keep that up at your age.. trust me I went to high school with girls that did that at that age and had nothing but a bad repuation going for them
    worriedjc Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2008, 09:44 AM
    Having a baby is a HUGE responsibility. I am 42 years old and have two children. I started having children when I was 29, I thought I was ready then, I wasn't. When you have a child that becomes your first priority. You have to give up sleep, time and money to care for your child. You can't be worried about you and having fun. At 13, you have no idea what is involved in having a child. You need to slow things down. SEX and BABIES are not the answer to feeling lonely and wanting to be loved. Talk to friends and family and protect yourself against disease and abuse. Having sex at your age is not healthy, your body has not even finished developing. Love yourself and do fun things for yourself. Don't try to find a quick fix for a passing feeling, it only leads to trouble.
    blue_st4r Posts: 59, Reputation: 0

Jan 3, 2009, 12:01 AM

13 years? Do you money for baby wipes, daipers, milk, clothes etc?

Are you willing to leave school and be pregnant? Do you want your child to be brought up with a single parent? No-one will father a 13 year old's baby. You are just a kid, wait till you are married.

If you don't then your baby will face serious issues in its teen years adjusting with society and up-bringing.

Talk to a doctor or a nurse in your school. I bet that should be free. In the meantime, learn your sciences and maths.

Sorry for being harsh, But you should not motivate yourself to become a mum.
    momof2kids Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Jan 7, 2009, 01:48 PM
    Enjoy your child/teen years... you will have children, but wait until you are financially, mentally, and EMOTIONALLY ready!! You have no idea how much time, effort and work is put into raising kids... I know that you think you KNOW IT ALL, but just this one time LISTEN to what others have to say and KNOW IT ALL about something else...

DON'T DO IT!!
    amanda-kym Posts: 78, Reputation: 5

Jan 7, 2009, 01:55 PM

I agree with all the above replies and there is also one thing you are forgetting. Anyone who was to get you pregnant would be in serious trouble themselves due to your age. If your parents are as strict as you are making out,I don't think they would let the father off lightly. You would be causing problems for yourself and for the other person involved
    If you wait until you are older you will be able to enjoy and appreciate the experience a lot more. Live your life first x
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2009, 02:17 PM

You need to stop thinking about what you want and start thinking about what would be best for a baby. That is a two parent home where the child can be supported and raised in a loving home.

If you want to play with babies, why not volunteer to baby for your church nursery or look into volunteering at a local hospital or see if there is a young mother in your neighborhood that could use a little extra help.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 7, 2009, 03:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ashleysxysp View Post
    I'm 13 and I want a baby really really REALLY bad!!!! I've had sex before 3 times so I know what its like, and I dunno I just really want a kid. But I know my parents would litterly KILL me so tell me what I should do! thanks<3
    Having a baby at your age could literally kill you too. It's too dangerous for a child to be having a child.
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Jan 7, 2009, 03:54 PM

Oh goodness, children these days!

I was so shocked to see that a 13 year old is having sex.

Honey please live out your childhood and youth, yes, you are still a child. You have plenty of years ahead of you to be an adult, plenty.. but not so many years to have fun... please please listen to our advice!
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 7, 2009, 04:13 PM

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/child-...nt-286515.html

What happened to being terrified that you were pregnant?

Get a grip, girl! You're too young and (you'll hate me for this) too stupid to have a baby right now.

How will you pay for anything? What's your job like? Do you have insurance? What happens if the baby is born with a disability? What will you do when you have to drop out of school to work full time to support your kid? How much does a checkup cost? What about a car to get to the doctor's--or your job? Do you have the money for insurance and a car payment? What happens the first time you want to go do something fun and your kid has soccer practice at the same time? How about getting your driver's license--can you afford the classes and the time?

And babies need STUFF. Are you able to replace a child's entire wardrobe at least once a year because they've grown out of it? Are you ready to never have new clothes yourself because you can't afford both your clothes and the kid's clothes? How about never having new make up, or new shoes, or that cute new pair of earrings? Are you willing to settle for bar soap and cheap shampoo for the next 15 years?

Are you ready to be tired and worried all the time for the rest of your life? You know that feeling you get before a test you haven't studied for? That feeling where you want to throw up, and your stomach is all tense, and you want to jump out of your skin? Are you ready to have THAT feeling about your kid? And it's not a sometimes thing--you worry about your kid all the time. You just get used to worrying after a while, but it never goes away.

What happens when you have a job interview, and can't find a babysitter?

No--not all parents have to give up those things. Just the parents that were too stupid to finish school before getting pregnant, and the parents that don't have insurance, or family support, or some money set aside for emergencies.

And if you even think about mentioning public assistance because you can't keep your legs crossed---well, I have to tell you--I really hope women that PLAN on using public assistance after they get pregnant, instead of using it for emergencies only... I hope those women are struck by karma so hard that they're used by someone else as hard as they use the system for their own selfish wants.
    chloe95 Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Aug 17, 2009, 12:35 PM

Try watching Underage & Pregnant on BBC3. If you don't have BBC3 on your TV just watch it online. It will soon change your idea on having a baby as it will be so hard to cope with. It will interfear with your school, exams & your friends, you won't be able to go out with your friends after school because your baby will need you. The mum. Not having a dad livng in the house hold can be very depressing as the dad might act differently. At least wait until you are over 16 to have a baby, for yours & the babies sake.

Xxxx
    Vision Expert

Aug 17, 2009, 12:40 PM

16? 13? No, please wait until you are married to have a baby. You will want to provide a child with everything you possible can. You're not even old enough to drive. WAIT until you are older. You have NO IDEA what it's like to have a child. Shoot, I don't have any idea, and I'm not nearly ready for a kid. And I'm 23.
    Vision Expert

Aug 17, 2009, 12:42 PM

Who would the father be? Does HE want a baby? I can tell you for 100&#37; fact that he doesn't. He probably doesn't even know that sex can make a baby. No offense, but you're too stupid, naïve, immature, and young to have a baby. Do they teach sex education at your school?

Maybe you should just get one of those dolls that pee when you give them water. THAT thing will drive you up the wall, imagine a real baby. You can't give it back, you can't pawn it off on someone else, it's your responsibility for 18 YEARS.

Try using your brain.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Honestly don't know what's happening? [ 6 Answers ]

Ok well here's the question.. Im recently back from a holiday in which I met this great guy, he's funny, sweet caring blah blah blah He was the entertainer at the camp site I was staying in and he put a lot into meeting me , (if his manager/boss/whatever finds out he could be fired) We both...

I honestly don't know what I've done wrong so many times. [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for over a year, living together. He is a bit relentless with the things I have said to him in the past, the times we fought, I just left to avoid a fight. I see now that it really hurt him when I would step outside just to breathe. He has done things to...

Answer honestly [ 3 Answers ]

:) :) do you prefer a woman be feminine, or manly... EXAMPLE: hang out with the guys, or go shopping

Moving on.Honestly, how? [ 4 Answers ]

So here's my story.. I met a boy named brandon, we fell in love and it was perfection at its finest. Its weird, when your with someone, you knows its right.. you feel it, you see it, and you live it. We had the perfect love, late nights and laughs. We dated for over a year, we were eachothers first...

I honestly thought I would never have to worry about this. [ 4 Answers ]

This is gling to be lengthy, but I want all the details in this so you an accurate picture of what is going on. My husband and I met at work one day and we have seen each other every day since (almost). We have been married for 3 years. I was blessed with a man loves passionately, soulfully,...

View more questions Search