Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kinikinik Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2008, 08:47 AM
    Insufficient TV volume
    I have an Electrohome model 20E401 TV that has very little volume. Some of the channels I can hardly hear with the volume @ 100 (as hight as it will go). Is this fixable without having to go to the expense of getting an amp and speakers?
    Couchcarrot Posts: 590, Reputation: 41

Dec 6, 2008, 10:21 PM
    That depends on whether the problem is an internal malfunction of the TV or not.
    I had this problem once, and as it turned out, it was the volume on my "cable box"
    That was turned all the way down. I had no volume at all even though I had
    The TV volume turned all the way up. The cable repairman had done this
    When he was installing a new cable box, and didn't mention it at the time.

If you have a cable box or satellite TV, be sure that the volume on the
    Cable or satellite control is turned up at least to the mid-point. If
    They're turned all the way down, the TV volume is of absolutely no use
    While its hooked up to them. Hope it's this simple for you, and not
    Something that needs to be fixed by a technician.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insufficient service of process [ 5 Answers ]

What should the defendant do if the Summons of Writ and the process were just dropped on the front step of the defendant's house without any acknoledgemennt of anyone been served (No one was home at the time)? Thanks a lot!

Insufficient Pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I just installed a new tank, pressure switch (20/40) and pressure gauge on my well. For the 20/40 switch, the tank was pressurized to 18 lbs as directed by the manufacturer. When I turned on the power, my tank would only pressurize to 33 lbs so the 4'' submerssible pump keeps running. What would...

Insufficient Water in Dishwasher [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool Dishwasher Model DU7800XS1 (vintage 1990?). Parts are still available. In the fill cycle, the water flows very slowly, and barely covers the floor of the tub. Sometimes there is no water at all, and I have to restart the wash cycle a few times. It has gotten gradually...

Insufficient AC air return [ 1 Answers ]

Last year I had a fly by night guy install a/c in my home and now I am suffering for it. The ducts are a complete mess, but I cannot afford to have it professionally repaired right now. The AC unit is a 10 S.E.E.R. unit rated at 22,500 BTUH. My home is an old two-story house. There is a trunk...

Boiler Hot Water Insufficient [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 6 zone hot water / forced air hybrid heating system. Most of the actual baseboard system is 1958/1980, but works fine. In 2000 I put in a new boiler, AC, and a forced air furnace that gets its heat from hot water flowing through it from the boiler (in addition to the zones). I also have...

View more questions Search