Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chryste7 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2008, 07:58 AM
    NOISE Coming from faucet after diverter valve replacement
    I just replaced the diverter valve for the sprayer on my Delta faucet. Problem has been fixed and sprayer is working great but there is now a humming/vibrating noise coming from the faucet when I use the sprayer. As I increase the water volume (pressure) when using the sprayer, the noise level also increases. There is no noise when not using the sprayer. Is there a fix for this problem? Followed installation instructions exactly as shown on diverter package.

Need your help! Please
    chryste7 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2008, 09:05 AM
    I submitted this question and have since resolved this problem. When I removed the old diverter, a piece of the diverter remained in the valve seat (plunger) unbeknown to me. I removed the newly installed diverter and looked in the valve seat and sure enuff there was the old plunger towards the back. Apparently the new diverter was not seating properly and therefore caused the vibrating /humming sound I was hearing. Sorry to ask this question that I was able to answer.

Jim

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Faucet sometimes refuses to flow: is this because of diverter valve, or sprayer hose? [ 1 Answers ]

Sometimes my kitchen sink faucet won't work. Usually this happens when I turn the water on quickly instead of gently - there may be a moment of water, but then it's cut off immediately, and then nothing I do with the faucet handle will make it start again. If I let it sit for a few minutes, the...

Diverter valve, Moen faucet [ 3 Answers ]

I have an older model Moen faucet. This evening, we were bathing our daughter in the sink and was using the spray hose intermittently (uh... cause she pooped in her tub!) That's when we lost all water flow to the faucet. Water only comes out of the sprayer (when I press on the sprayer...

Diverter valve leak - 3 valve diverter valve? [ 1 Answers ]

My shower has three knobs and the one in the middle diverts the water flow from the tub spout to the shower. I think that means I have a 3 valve diverter valve, if not please correct me. When I turn the diverter knob so that the water comes out of the shower, there is still significant water...

Diverter valve for Moen faucet [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I need to replace the diverter valve (1225) on the kitchen faucet. Do I need to remove the entire faucet to do this? If so how do I do this? Thanks

View more questions Search