Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SteveG1972 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2008, 05:05 AM
    Excel formula
    I have more questions about excel formula. In one column I have data appearing, as either a 1 or 2, at random as I input it. Each column has around 120 rows. In the row at the bottom I created a formula to calculate how often, on average, the data appears in that column. 1st how do I get each row to represent a date. 2nd how can I get the sheet to show the next expected date that the data may appear in that column, taking into account the date it last appeared and the average between appearances?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Dec 12, 2008, 02:26 AM

Quote Originally Posted by SteveG1972
    1st how do I get each row to represent a date.
    1. You add an actual new column and put dates into it to go with the data you're putting in the other two field.

2nd how can I get the sheet to show the next expected date that the data may appear in that column, taking into account the date it last appeared and the average between appearances?
    That's harder.

First you have to count all the dates, since that will be the only column with something in every cell.
    =COUNTA(A2:A100)
    Adjust that range to match your data.

Then count the number of entries in a column
    =COUNTA(B2:B100)
    Also make sure you've adjusted you formula to reflect the same number of rows as the first formula above.

Now divide the two numbers above and add that to the date of the last entry. Make sure that last cell is formatted to display as a DATE.

A workbook examples is attached.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: xls DatesAverages.xls (13.5 KB, 178 views)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Excel formula [ 3 Answers ]

I am using Excel 2007. I have 2 Sheets. In first sheet there are 3 coloumns, first one contains the employes number, second coloumn contains the name of employes and third one contains the department he works in. In the second sheet I have drop down list of the names of employes and the...

Excel: date formula [ 5 Answers ]

Say you have a date (21/7/08) typed in a cell and want the cell directly below it to be automatically calculated 7 days from the date in the cell above (27/7/08). How do you do this? Then once you've done this, you want a column of dates to automatically appear as follows: 21/7/08 22/7/08...

Excel Formula [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have come across another problem with my spreadsheet. I have tried quite a few different ways to do it but can't get any of them to work. Within my spreadsheet I have a quote price and a forcasted date. However when a order is definitely received then a sale price and a new date is put into...

Excel formula IF function [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I am creaing a spreadsheet for work. Basically I have a column that shows all the project names, it shows a date and a price for the project. I need this price to then be automatically placed into the appropriate monthly column. I.e if the project is 20,000 and happened on the 21st of jan...

Excel formula [ 3 Answers ]

I have a column that you manually enter a number; either 0 (zero) or any number greater than zero. I have another column with the formula of: =DAYS360(AN22,AQ22) If the resulting formula figure/number is greater than the manually entered number then I want a third column to equal: $0.00 But...

View more questions Search