Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stewnat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2006, 10:44 AM
    Worm in puppies
    My puppy is a 18 week old mix Australian sheppard, and he has roundworms - first sign on Sunday. I brought him to the vets for a deworming on Monday 8am, and he also got his first vaccine, so since Sunday he will not eat a thing. He is lethargic and vomits about once every two hours (few worms), and he has watery red/brown stool (few worms) - I have been MAKING him drink fruit gatoraide with a turkey baster - but he is fading away
    What do I do? Are they often sick for days after?
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jul 4, 2006, 11:07 AM
    WOW, do not force feed him anything and get on the horn to your vet immediately!! Be sure to tell him everything you just told us, especially the part about the gatoraide in a turkey baster.
    JEAGG Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Aug 24, 2006, 08:35 PM
    Are you sure the puppy only has round worm? I hope he's OK, I am wondering if he has whip, worm , which would cause a stool the color you explained. Parvo, or Coccida maybe?. throwing up is never a good sign eighter But if needed to replace electrolytes, I use pedialyte, instead of gatorade.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Puppies [ 1 Answers ]

My pug had two puppies they are now 8 1/2 weeks old. One just went to her new home today now the other puppy is acting kind of sad is it normal?

W32.Welchia.Worm [ 1 Answers ]

Have W32.Welchia.Worm in my Presario 715us Laptop. Norton can't remove or Quarantine it. The only people I know that can help are on vacation. I went to http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.welchia.worm.html#removalinstructions But the instructions seem too difficult for...

Sasser.B.Worm [ 3 Answers ]

Was recently infected by Sasser.B.Worm virus. I loaded the Microsoft patch and the Norton Anti-Virus correction tool. Norton now says that their scan does not detect the virus. Part of Norton's instrcutions was to use their software to quarantine the infected files, which I did. ...

Puppy worm medication [ 2 Answers ]

How often should you give worm medication to a 4 to 5 lb toy rat terrier that is 6 months old? ::)

View more questions Search