Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    umachandrasekar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2008, 03:13 PM
    How to Kill Loneliness.
    Hi,

I am Uma Chandrasekar New Member of this Forum. I am a Home Maker. I am having a problem of killing my time. Apart from doing my cooking and other Household work I have ample time I love to see Computer. The whole day I spent my time in Computer. But sometimes I feel depressed that I am not able to go and work. Because I don't drive. I stay in Canada where no relatives are there my daughter 23 yrs and husband both of them go for work. I was also working all these days but my daughter nowadays not allowing to go for work. I feel left alone in the house from Morning 8 to evening 8. How to kill my time please help me.
    Blogg Posts: 61, Reputation: 4

Dec 3, 2008, 04:40 PM
    Hi too uma, maybe you should post question like this on properly topic.
    Well, maybe you can try gardening, have a pet, reading a book (not just from computer), or maybe you should make a social gathering at your home (doing something with other really kill your leisure time :)).
    Give it a try..
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2008, 01:19 AM

Greetings and WELCOME to the site, Uma!

Although what you posted in Introductions was an introduction for yourself, it goes beyond just being an introduction because your presenting some sort of need that you have that would be better to be addressed in a forum area other than Introductions, where the purpose is basically for people to introduce themselves and not ask questions and for others to welcome them to the site.

So, I decided to move your question to this forum area, in order for your larger issue that you have, to get noticed more and addressed the best.

Is not being able to drive the only reason that you can't do something in order to make a living for yourself and/or to do something to help you to realize your own worth because of what you do and how you spend your time, please?

Thanks!
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2008, 05:03 AM

If wasn't the problem I was going say do volunteer work at a hospital or something. If you like kids maybe you can become a child care provider.

I am home due because I am on paternity leave from my job and I be bored out my mind. I kill time by watching movies, playing with my dogs, listening to music, baking, going for walks, etc. I also exercise. Exercising is good for you and it increases your mood and can keep you from being depress. Also, I make clothes and it keeps me from being bored and gives me something to do. Right now I am making a dress for my daughter to wear to her Christmas dance and then I am going make some new drapes.

What are some things that you like to do or something you always wanted to take up but didn't have the time?

One last question what do you mean when you say " I was also working all these days but my daughter nowdays not allowing to go for work"? I think working even part-time would be good for you. If you can't get around due to not having a car then do something that you can do from home or do they have public transportation for you to get around? If not, childcare is a job that you could do from home and it's in great demand. One child would be enough and this is a job from many that your able to do at home.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to kill loneliness? [ 5 Answers ]

Im doing my first year at university and I'm not in my country as well. At the times I feel really lonely and I don't know how to deal with it. I can be on my own, but most of the time I like to be with people and doing things together. I really want to be able to be more on my own and learn how to...

Does loneliness and sadness end ever? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been alone for 2 years(divorce after 26 years) I have meant some weirdos, the one now I have been with is a sex addict, but I don't know what to do there. But my girlfriends all tell me I don't need a man. Well I am tired of hearing that. The ones that say it have husbands and boyfriends. So...

Overcoming loneliness [ 1 Answers ]

I've been single for a very long time and have no friends so rarely leave the house except to go to work or to go shopping. How can I meet people who want ot meet me back? Any help appreciated - I'm nearing giving up hope.

Abolish loneliness [ 1 Answers ]

My birth day is 14 August 1971 and time is 22:15 ist.. birth place is village-koth,tehsil-dholka, dist-ahmedabad,state-gujrat,india. My life is wery lonely.is love in the air for me? Or I have to live alone?

How to I fix this loneliness and be happy [ 5 Answers ]

How do I fix this? I'm feeling very depressed now because I have no body to talk to at school. I made the mistake of hiding around school avoiding people at school, as a result right now I'm friendless and have no body to talk to. I just walk around all alone and scared to talk to new people...

View more questions Search