Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FoZzieDee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 11:55 AM
    Does he realise what he is doing to me?
    I have been in a relationship with my boyfriend now for 9months. Everything was great between us until about 5months into it, when the day came where he told me that he had cheated on me with his ex girlfriend.
    It was only a one night stand, a totally sober one. And he apologised and begged me to forgive him until I eventually did. For the last couple of months evrything was going fine, to be honest I forgot about the whole cheating thing. He even proposed to me at the weekend. But I have just found out that he has been texting and talking through msn to another one of his ex girlfriends, without me knowing.
    I caught him out because one day he received a text off her when he left his mobile with me, I read it and it was a text that was more than one you would send to just a friend. I was shocked and hurt, but I deleted the text, and took the girls number down on my phone, so he did not know I knew. I didn't say anything to him because I thought I would find out information from her first before I jumped to the conclusion that he was cheating again.
    Well, I got the information I needed from her, and it turns out that he had been textin her for a couple of months, they must have been intamate texts because she got the impression from him that he was single. He asked her for sex on two occasions, both of them she said no. She also told me that only two weeks ago he asked her to come round to his house because it was empty, but she declined the invatation.
    I can't believe that I was so stupid to believe he wouldn't hurt me again. I would just move on if it was anybody else, a different relationship. But, seems as though I am only seventeen years old, it is particulalry harder for me to do so because I lost my virginity to him. Something that I always vowed to be special and the boy would be my one and only. He is, my one and only, it just feels like he doesn't realise just how much he means to me. Before I met him I had a lot of problems involving my family and self esteem. But he turned me around and changed me for the better, I don't want to loose the one person that makes me feel invinsible. But if he can't live with just one girl, me, then should I just give up on everything?
    I confronted him about talking to the other girl, And he said he does, but just as mates. He told me that he loves me more than anything and he can't stand the thought of not being with me. When I mentioned him asking her for sex, he denied one occasion, but the other he admitted saying he was only having a joke with his mates. He got so angry with the girl for telling me everything that he blocked her on msn and he vowed not to talk to her ever again. He said he did not want us to split up, that he meant everything when he said he wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. But I don't know what to do. I only confronted him about this last night, so its still an open wound. He said the ball was in my court if I want to leave him or stay with him. I want to stay with him because I don't want anyobdy else, he makes me smile until my face hurts, and makes me feel invinsible form anything when I am with him. But how do I know he won't do it again? I don't want to keep tabs on him, and be 'the paranoid girlfriend'. Please can you give me some advice.. Sorry for the essay.
    Eileen1218 Posts: 145, Reputation: 8

Dec 2, 2008, 12:22 PM

I would drop him! If you can't trust him now imagine if you become his wife!! As far as you feeling so invincible with him... it's because he's your first lover. Now you have a major emotional attachment to him. You need to start using logic and try to control your
    Emotions so you can stop and realize how he can ruin your life.. and possibly your future children.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 2, 2008, 12:25 PM

But how do I know he won't do it again?
    You don't
    I don't want to keep tabs on him, and be 'the paranoid girlfriend'.
    You better, as he has shown he is a liar and a cheater.
    Please can you give me some advice
    You may have forgiven him, but you haven't forgot, nor have you had a reason to, given his actions.

Expecting him to be honest, and change his ways is foolish, and there is no evidence he will.

Protect your dignity, and self respect. I wont say leave him, but thats a good solution. Sorry!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it really possible for people to realise that they love someone? [ 18 Answers ]

OK so me and my ex have had a crazy up and down rollercoaster of a year, spliting up a number of times, she even slept with my bets mate a week after we split up the last time because he fed her apack of les about me cheating on her etc. anyway, recently I've been doing very well for myself,...

I didn't realise how much I loved him until it was too late [ 20 Answers ]

I've been an idiot. I went out with a guy for 2 1/2 years and I split up with him after Christmas. A few days ago I realised how much I love him and sent a long message telling him so. Except he now has a new girlfriend which I didn't know about. The weirdest thing is, *please note I am NOT...

View more questions Search