Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wonderme24 Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 12:04 AM
    Fillings while pregnant?
    Hi I have a dentist appointment for a tooth filling. I am not too sure if I am pregnant or not but don't want to risk it. Is there negative side effects to have a tooth filling while pregnant?

ME:o
    ATYOURSERVICE Posts: 246, Reputation: 13

Dec 2, 2008, 12:28 AM

Speak to your dentist about it, but here is a link of the American Dental Association about pregnancy issues:

ADA.org: Oral Health Topics: Pregnancy Frequently Asked Questions
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2008, 03:56 AM

Normally, elective treatment (if you are not in pain) should be put off until you are in your second trimester. It's the freezing that you should avoid in the first and third trimester.
    If you think you could be pregnant I'd postpone treatment until you know for sure one way or the other.
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Dec 2, 2008, 06:12 PM

Find out if you are pregnant! But yeah no fillings until 2nd trimester, and no x-rays unless it is an emergency...
    wonderme24 Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 09:30 PM

Thank you for your comments I postponed my appoint till I know what is happening.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Hi,I just had fillings rplaced the old ones fell out, [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 48 yrs old... one was 3 weeks ago, when I chew crackers it hurts from pressure. Also when I have friut juice or sweet things. The new filling from 5 days ago hurts from sweet things as well . Like something is leaking into the cavity still. But the new one doesn't hurt from chewing. Below...

Non Silver FIllings [ 8 Answers ]

Do - or I should ask - are there white filling materials that bind/adhere to the tooth? As I uderstand, amalgum (silver) fillings do not "stick" to the tooth; they for lack of beter term, are placed/packed in the tooth. This is a leading question. I have a tooth which one 1/4 (a top to gumline...

Recent fillings hurting [ 5 Answers ]

I recently went to the dentist after putting it off forever. The dentist replaced two old fillings and did two partial fillings. Every single tooth is now killing me. Anything sweet, cold, hot and hard hurts now. I have been back to the dentist 3 times and haven't had any luck getting them...

Fillings [ 1 Answers ]

Does amalga fillings last for a life time?? :rolleyes:

View more questions Search