Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    uvware Posts: 57, Reputation: 9

Dec 1, 2008, 02:03 PM
    Have you heard of doctors being on cocaine?
    I have this really open relationship with one of my doctors. She's amazing and she always has this incredible load of energy, not matter how long she works she's like the enigizer bunny.

So one day I asked her where she gets her energy... I told her it's a bit unhuman and she bluntly said "Drugs". Then I asked, What kind? And she repsonded cocaine and that it's a liquid form that she puts a dab on her tongue every hour to and hour and a half.

So any thoughts? Have you heard of this and if so... is that much cocaine a day dangerous? I'm assuming it would impair her ability to make the right decisions.

I really love her as a doctor because she tries to solve my issues and not just shot me up with drugs, (ironic I know) but I was speechless after this and just don't know what to think or what to do? Morally, should I turn her in? Stop going to her? What would you do?
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2008, 02:31 PM

Have you spoken to her co-workers about her efficiency? The extra energy may be normal for her and she was kidding about the cocaine?

If it was me, I'd see another doctor and have her treatment approach validated. If she is using drugs to maintain a certain workload, she might be off and not know it.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2008, 10:30 AM

If she really is on cocaine and was not joking and was dead serious, I would definitely turn her in. It is not uncommon that doctors and nurses like to "sample" the drugs they dispense. She has a problem, a drug problem, and is not fit to be a doctor being high all day long. She could lose her license amongst other things. The liquid cocaine is usually used for eye problems used directly on the eyeball itself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crack cocaine and teeth [ 8 Answers ]

I was wondering what are the effects of crack cocaine and teeth? What does it do? I have heard that when smoking crack, it turns your teeth grey or even black. Is this true and if it is, are there any sites that have pictures of teeth that have been exposed to cronic crack smoke? Please...

Cocaine has a legit medical use? [ 11 Answers ]

OK, I'm reading about the federal drug act in my textbook. And for schedule II it says that it covers drugs that "have a high potential for abuse, a currently accepted medical use or a medical use with severe restrictions, and a potential for severe psychological or physical dependence. shcedule II...

Cocaine addiction [ 6 Answers ]

My friend is an admitted cocaine addict. We have discussed therapy. However I would appreciate advice on my personal approach. I am not sure if I should be disaproving and angry (I don't feel either , just concern) or is a non judgemental approach more supportive How can I help them

Spouse and cocaine use [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I suspect my husband of light cocaine use and want to know what rights I have as far as my children are concerned if we pursue divorce.

Cocaine [ 2 Answers ]

Are there user benefits from the drug crack cocaine? All information would be helpful.

View more questions Search