Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    uvware Posts: 57, Reputation: 9

Nov 30, 2008, 11:01 PM
    Ebay as a business? Can you make money doing it?
    Does anyone out there use Ebay to make a living? I'm curious to hear if it's complicated to learn, how long does it take to start making profit.

The reason why I'm asking is that I've always loved flea market, estates sales, etc. and I want to turn my passion into making money. So I'm thinking about selling unique finds that I come across.

Thanks!
    luvyrkez Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2008, 11:15 PM

My mother in laws best friend and her husband do it for a living and a very nice living at that. It is not too hard, a lot of research and patience. Obviously, do quit your day job until you get the hang of it. They go to storage places, ask about the non paying customers things that have been seized, buy the whole lot and sell what they can! I don't know exactly how they do that, but it may be worth calling a few storage unit places to fing out. I will ask more questions and get back with you.
    uvware Posts: 57, Reputation: 9

Nov 30, 2008, 11:29 PM

Thank you very much luvyrkez, I appreciate you asking. That's very interesting about the storage units.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2008, 02:49 AM

Hi, uvware!

I know a guy who made his entire living for a number of months on eBay just selling costume jewelry that he would pick up at garage type sales.

The point being, is that it can be done.

Thanks!
    stanj028 Posts: 33, Reputation: -6
    -

Dec 1, 2008, 05:11 AM

Being succesfull is not too hard on eBay, all you need to know is who you are selling to and if the product matches that audience.

Looking back to last year there was a man that managed to get a house and many other luxurys from just a paperclip, you just need to make sure the product is likely to sell.

Not too good on this thing but hope it helps,
    Standen
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 1, 2008, 05:42 AM

Yes I know in TN and GA storage units are sold at auction if people don't pay. ( state law) In TN things went fairly cheaply, here in Atlanta most of the units start at a higher price than I was even willing to end at.

But buying things cheap enough, is the trick. My ex sister in law makes items and sells them on eBay and a few other sites, she makes her living doing that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How does an Internet business make money? [ 14 Answers ]

I wonder how these free subscription websites like Yahoo and Facebook make money besides ads. I mean Facebook make hell of revenue. I doubt that its source of income are just the ads. Any idea :confused: CB

How can anyone do business and make money together with many unemployed neighbors? [ 1 Answers ]

The unemployment rates are high here. Lots of our neighbors are unemployed. How can we, together with the unemployeds, do business so that they too will have a source of income?

How do people make 10,000 or more on eBay with a couple of hours [ 4 Answers ]

I hear this can be done in only a few hours. Is the true ?

How to start doing business via Ebay [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have good knowledge in textiles business and currently doing it in a small form in my town. Basically I sell tshirts and cotton trousers at a low cost but with really good quality. I have experience in this business for over 5 yrs and of course it is my family business and every one...

Home eBay business [ 3 Answers ]

I don't really know what category this falls under, but here goes. In about a year, I am going to try my hand at a mail order Ebay business from my home, selling several hundred old magazines I have acquired over the last 40 years. I have several friends who had done this home Ebay business thing...

View more questions Search