Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jeska12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2008, 07:03 PM
    Age in Sharing a room in North Carolina
    What age can a brother and sister share a room until in North Carolina...
    I have a step son who is 4 years old... however me and my husband now have a 2 1/2 month old little girl, she was sleeping in our bedroom in her bassinet but now she needs to be in her crib, however we have a two bedroom house right now and we were going to put her in the room with her brother but his mom said she would call the state on us... can she do that or are we OK to let them share a room
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2008, 07:39 PM

There is nothing wrong with that as long as the 4 yr old doesn't harm the 2 yr old.
    ruthmarx Posts: 41, Reputation: 10

Nov 29, 2008, 07:53 PM
    Tell her to pound sand! Remind her that CPS is for abuse and neglect! Siblings sleeping in the same room - sometimes the same bed - has been going on since there were brothers and sisters. It is a part of bonding. It sounds to me that she is afraid that her son will bond with your daughter. Petty. Fact: He's your daughters big brother. Fact: she's her son's little sister.
    Teach your children - and her's - to respect each other at a young age and they will grow up to be a family.
    Big brothers are great - I have two - they can stink sometimes - but they're great.
    Good luck.
    ruthmarx Posts: 41, Reputation: 10

Nov 29, 2008, 07:55 PM
    Oh, one more thing.. . You'll know when it's time for the boy to have his own room - or share with another boy - They will let you know - probably pretty loudly.
    Trust your instints.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 29, 2008, 08:01 PM

There are very few laws that deal with this. Most of them deal only subsidized housing or foster care.

Tell his mom, that if she wants buy you a larger house or expand your existing one she is welcome to. But there is nothing wrong with siblings that young sharing a room.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2008, 12:45 PM

Let the mom call and maybe cps would get a good laugh. It sounds like she just wants to start trouble but as mention already there's nothing wrong with what your doing.
    ashey23ole Posts: 69, Reputation: 5

Dec 4, 2008, 04:34 PM

There is no problem with the age difference and gender for now...

But I wouldn't think itd be good for the 4 yr old to wake up from the baby crying each night...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 4, 2008, 05:15 PM

CPS most likely will do nothing, but of course this type of mother will keep calling them even if she has to make it up most likely.

She needs to go to some counseling on how to deal with divorce and its effect on children.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How is wilmington North Carolina? [ 4 Answers ]

I just basically wanted to know how wilmington was.is it safe and pretty much a safe place to live. I no that everywhere can have it faults.but just a quick breaf about it in general would be helpful.or if you live there now.. let me know the area and how it is.thanks?

Nude beaches- North Carolina or South Carolina? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I'm looking for a nude beach near myrtle beach but I'm not having any luck. Does anyone know where one is? Thank you blusia

Moving to North Carolina [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I are considering moving to NC. We're looking for: affordable housing (200-300K), a small community (50,000 - 100,000 pop.) close to a larger city (we like city life but don't want to live right in it) and somewhat close to the water, say 2 hours. NC seems appealing because of the...

North Carolina Family Law [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know anything about child support and custody laws in the state of North Carolina? Or do you have any links I can go to so I can search them on my own? Thanks...

View more questions Search