Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pimky2424 Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Nov 27, 2008, 01:53 AM
    9 months without a menstrual.and blood test are normal
    I'm 25 years old and I've always had a very irregular cycle (every 3-6 months). I recently saw an endocrinologist and he thought I might have PCOS. He gave me two blood test and both came back normal except my testosterone was a little high. I don't know what else to do because I want to have children some day and I don't know what's wrong wit me. Does anyone else have this problem or have some sincere advice? I would really appreciate it because this is a sensitive subject for me. Thank you for your support in advance
    me22469 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Nov 27, 2008, 06:25 AM

I have the same problem. Several doctors said that they can put me on birth control to regulate me, but with the cancer history in my family, they really didn't like the idea. They all said that as long as I had at least 2 periods in a year things would be okay. I never took birth control and in 7 years, I got pregnant 3 times. You can be prescribed progestone, but if you don't really need it, I wouldn't try any chemicals that aren't necessary. Best of luck.
    pimky2424 Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Nov 27, 2008, 10:42 PM
    Thank you for replying. Its good to know that I'm not the only one going through this. You've given me a glimmer of hope with your situation. I was really worried that I couldn't have children. Thanks for your encouragment:)
    coslady Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jan 6, 2009, 09:13 PM
    A few years ago I went 10 months without a period. The next year they told me I had PCOS. I have never had regular periods either. They say you can go on birth control to regulate them and that is something that helped me. I too would love to have children. I am told that I have to use fertility drugs to do with PCOS. It is not good to go that long without a period so I would suggest getting a medication to induce your cycle. Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 months late menstrual 6 negative pregnancy test and no symptoms feel? [ 12 Answers ]

I'am 2 months late menstrual 6 negative pregnancy test and no symptoms feel? But I didn't yet go to the doctor for the check up.. because I'am afraid. And one thing more I don't like yet to become pregnant.

Brown 'blood' during my menstrual cycle; is this normal? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm curious about why I would have this brown 'stuff' during my period? I normally bleed at the same time and everything. M also on birth control for what they said is endo. But I've also had problems with pressure during the month that I went to see my doctor with and he said that basically I...

No menstrual cycles after giving birth 16 months ago and weaning 2 months ago [ 2 Answers ]

I gave birth in July 2007 and nursed my son until the middle of September 2008. Unlike after I gave birth to my daughter 5 years ago, I did not resume my menstrual cycles as I continued to nurse my son and would only have a few days of spotting. Now, it has been 2 months since I totally weaned...

3 months late no period all negative pg test blood and urine [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, my name is samantha me and my husband were trying to have a child... it has been almost three months and no period. But have taken several hpt and all were negative. Then went to doctors and had a blood test that was negative also. I went to walmart and bought an prenatal heart listener and I...

2 months negative hpt and blood test still no period [ 2 Answers ]

I am 23 years old and recently stopped taking my birth control pills after 5 years of being on them. I stopped taking them in May and since then have been a week late maybe a week and a half at the longest. The first day of my last period was September the 12th. I have been to the doctor and got a...

View more questions Search