Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikebrit81 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Nov 25, 2008, 05:19 PM
    Woman Controls Husband!
    I know a woman who controls her husband. They get along just well. But the husband does not know what to do. She has full on control of him and If you were to seee them you probably would never even notice. The love each other. But she always is threatening him to divorce him if he doesn't kick his son out. Or even if his daughters friends are there he is always put on the spot. The scary thing is that she is seriouse. He can never imagine divorcing her b.c of all of the money he has and the things he has invested in. And plus that's just not what he believes in. What's going on with this woman. I mean they love eachohter almost always getting along. But man< what's wrong with women now a days. Women have more power then men. Not technically but when you think about it they do>? Does anyone know why? What's going on here> ?
    Eileen1218 Posts: 145, Reputation: 8

Nov 25, 2008, 06:16 PM

It's equal rights! Ever since the law was passed women began to work in places they once were not allowed and it has gone rolling like a snowball ever since. Mind there is nothing wrong with women being able to get as much education and filling job positions and getting equal pay as any man! But, as far as the People you are referring to... I'd say that the man is a door mat without a spine... can you imagine how he must be on the job at his work... + I'd be willing to say that the woman is a control freak. Maybe it's becoming a woman's world! :-)
    08_777444 Posts: 111, Reputation: 16

Nov 25, 2008, 06:38 PM
    I don't think this has anything to do with equal rights.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2008, 06:51 PM

If he isn't complaining about it then I think nobody else should. Male or Female, some people are controlling but it's up for the person on the receiving end to say something and stand up for themselve.

If they don't voice their opinons then who will. We all have a voice and I am pretty sure he saw this about her before he married her.

Nov 25, 2008, 06:52 PM

You tell me then !
    08_777444 Posts: 111, Reputation: 16

Nov 25, 2008, 07:22 PM
    [QUOTE] he can never imagine divorcing her b.c of all of the money he has and the things he has invested in. And plus that's just not what he believes in.[QUOTE]

This statement implies that one of the reasons he stays is because he fears losing his material possessions.

What if anything does that have to do with equal rights?

If he is staying because he is afraid of losing his material possessions, then he might rightfully deserve the treatment he is getting. Do you honestly think his wife doesn't know one of the reasons he sticks around is because of the money? Of course she knows; subconsciously that is why she treats him that way.

There are men out there who will give up half of their entire net worth just to have their happiness and self respect. I once knew such a man. He happened to be a self-made millionaire, and he cut his losses and moved on. Life is too short. Her husband is only losing his self worth by staying, the money comes second. That says something to me about what kind of guy he is, not about what kind wife he has.

It's a façade, they are both putting on an act. He could always make more money, he could always buy more things, but the one thing he can't buy is more time on this earth.

So if they are truly happy, and content, with every other aspect of their life as you say, who are we to say he or she is wrong?

Nov 25, 2008, 07:52 PM
    Im sorrry but there is a little bit of misunderstanding here. I mean were here to help others answer questions. He is in fact in love with her! OKay They're in love with each other but they have times where they argue and fight just like any other normal couple that has 4 children. Its just that when an argument rolls around between the two, the female (wife) just so happened to be a B*tch. She threatens him and takes full control of the situation with threats that make him change his behaviour towards her. Me saying that he's afraid of losing his posesions has almost nothing to do with it but it does play a little part not to say that he would ever even imagine divorcing her. He wouldn't. Its just the woman who is the bully when situations like these occur. Not to mention she threatens him with the police and a whole bunch of other stuff when the argument gets really bad. And he's filled with fear that he doesn't know what to do but obey the rules like a little well trained puppy. What do you do when your married for 30+ years have 4 kids. Are in love and then at one moment you have a woman threatening you to call the police and divorce you and leave you and your older kids! Why is it that women become so viciouse. Not saying all women but most at least some that I know. And why is it that today women have a lot of power. Not technically. But if a 300lbs man walks to the police and tells them his 5'2 wife sexually harassed him she porbably won't be in trouble as much as the man would be if he harassed her. And its usually the women you see on TV who are being supposabely harassed by men. Why?
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2008, 07:58 PM

Perception is a terrible thing to have.

Are you sure it's not just YOUR perception which is a little off?

Asking a question like this makes me wonder why you see this as such a problem,, FOR YOU!

What are you trying to accomplish,how will resolving your friends problem help you?

On the other hand,If he needs to be brought around to a new way of thinking,give him this to read:

Setting Personal Boundaries - protecting self

Maybe we all need to look inwards to find the answers.

KBC

Nov 25, 2008, 08:03 PM

These two individuals just so happen to be my aunt and uncle and the least I can do is help the man out.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2008, 08:06 PM

I think your questioning why women have all the power, that seems to be your issue here.

Is this the same woman your referring to that kick the 18 year old out the house in your other post?
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2008, 08:43 PM

mikebrit81 disagrees: they just happen to be my uncle and aunt and the least I can do is help the man out. But that isn't the issue and not the problem at all.

The rating system is NOT for opinions,it IS for disagreeing when the FACTS are wrong,thank you for checking the rules of the site,I'll be more than happy to NOT assist you in further questions while you seem to not be able to read anyway!

Nov 25, 2008, 09:03 PM

No. Thank you very much for asking. This does seem to be able to put together but no. Im just throwing these 2 scenarios out from real life events that have recently occurred which involved people I know. And I always wanted to quesntion these aspects but fortunately today I found out about the website. Im not necessarily trying to say that women have all the power nor am I fully questioning it. It may have seemed like it I apologize for my mistake. Just from knowledge and events that take place out there like these Ive come to understand that women usually tend to have more control over certain things. At least from the things Ive seen/Heard/experienced. And sometimes it is very scary. Overall this is certainly not about equal rights but about my aunt and uncle who sometimes seem to struggle so much in they're relationship but strangely they're both in love with eachother" as hard as this is to imagine. Its just that it bothers me and my other family members to watch her control this man in such a harsh way and in the end he has no choice but to listen and agree with what his wife has to say to him< and the next day everything will go back to normal and they'll continue they're daily routines until another problem comes up and Shell always have to put the cream in every pie. And I want to know what can this man do to prevent this from happening and takeing control of things himself a bit more without being threatened or harassed by his wife who he is in love with and so is she. I just can't seem to understand. (Thanks Guys)

Nov 26, 2008, 12:10 PM

Women have more power then men. Not technically but when you think about it they do>? Does anyone know why? What's going on here> ?
    Here's the part of your question I answered... It IS your question.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 28, 2008, 05:07 PM

Stay out of your uncles business, as he hasn't asked for help, so doesn't need any.

Strange as it appears, they must like what they are doing. Let it go, and mark it as weird.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband has a child with another woman [ 10 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am here in high hopes that I can get some extreme help. My husband has a son with another woman and that is by far not the real issue here. He and she were together before we got together so I have absolutely no remorse for this. My real problem is such: I have always been...

My husband has a baby by another woman [ 44 Answers ]

Help! After my husband confessed to an affair when he found out she was pregnant and was keeping the baby, I still decided to TRY to work things out. How should his communication with her be handled. Normally, after an affair the obvious is to cut all ties with the mistress, but in this case...

My husband and the other woman expecting [ 24 Answers ]

I live in Houston Texas. My husband and I separated this year back in March for that month. We got back together the end of March. I knew he was seeing another girl at that time we were separated, she is now claiming to be pregnant with his child. In my brief conversations with her, I know she got...

Ex husband wants to see kids with his other woman [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I live in England. I have separated from my husband of 20 years and am divorcing him for adultery. He has visited our two daughters for half an hour each week (he works in the town we live, but lives with his new woman 70 miles away). He now states he wants to have our daughters...

Husband Going To Another Woman [ 5 Answers ]

I did not realize that me and my husband were having problems... Everything seemed okay until he just hit me with it out of the blue last Tuesday... We had a long talk and got a lot of things out in the open and the past week has been absolutely wonderful... My problem and question is......

View more questions Search