Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mgfarmer Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2006, 10:10 AM
    Possible venting problem?
    I have a 2 story home that is 3 years old on a septic system. In the master bathroom there is a garden tub, shower, 2 sinks and of course a toilet. I notcied that when you flush the toilet it causes the water in the sink traps and the shower trap to move a little bit, but the water level never drops or syphones out. If I am draining the sinks or using the shower there is no movement of water in the toilet. Also, when you drain the tub or sink the water drains quickly with no problem and the toilet flushes quickly with no back up.Does anyone know if this is normal, signs of a clog or a possible venting problem? Thanks for the help
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 28, 2006, 10:22 AM
    This doesn't sound like a problem that will intensify. However, if you're concerned with it You could drop a snake down the lavatory roof vent to check it. My advice? Let it go for now and if you see a further lowering of the trap seals then go up on the roof. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Venting [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , In the basement , there is a mechanical vent on a bathtub wich tells me its not vented by the main stack. Could the tub be changed to a shower stall. Also wich size drain should the shower stall be?

Clog or venting problem [ 4 Answers ]

My dowstairs bathroom toilet bubbles and loses it water . When the laundry runs the toilet bubbles and even after that is done , I noticed when my I ran the water for a 15 seconds in the downstairs sink (same b-throom as toilet) toilet bubbled again. Note: My laundry room is upstairs ....

Venting Thanks [ 7 Answers ]

Spent last 3 hrs reading threads, trying to answer my questions. Thank you for this site! I am working on new construction. I would like to confirm some things I think I learned on this site. Please answer T/F. If False please fix me. 1 every fixture w/trap needs vented. EX tub lav toilet...

Is this a venting problem? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had a new bathroom fitted upstairs in my 150yr old post and beam home. Since the fitting I have been experiencing lots of gurgling problems in the kitchen and yesterday following a leisurely bath I came downstairs to find that the whole of the bath water had backed up through the kitchen...

Tub Venting? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All, I'm rebuilding a 1920's bathroom from the floor joist and studs, the question I have is the 1 1/2" Tub Over Flow ties into the trap which then ties into a 3" stack with a 3x3x1-1/2" Sanitary Tee. Do I need to install a vent in for the tub if the trap is 12" away from the stack? ...

View more questions Search