Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anxious_RN Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2008, 09:46 AM
    Is weight Watchers really for me?
    Hello!

I am 19 years old, 5'7" and probably 170-175 pounds. I have been unsuccessfully trying to lose weight for the past few months, and every time I try I seem to give up. I want to lose weight for the health benefit, and plus I'm tired of looking the way I do. I feel like I always have to suck in, I'm insecure about my face and thighs, and I think losing that weight will help deminish those problems, maybe even lower my depression and social anxiety disorder! Wouldn't that be fabulous!

So every time I try to lose weight, I feel like I don't know as much as I should know to do it successfully. I also always lose motivation, always. I'm thinking about joining Weight Watchers for motivation, as well as tips on how to lose weight. I feel like it's the only thing left for me to do, to successfully lose this stubborn weight.

So, does anyone know of anyone who has used weight watchers and it worked? Or do you have personal experience with it? Would you recommend me to do it?

Thanks in advance :)
    Melhere02 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2008, 10:25 AM

I used the weight watchers online system and loved it. It teaches you portion control and the points system I used was easy to follow.
    lthm Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Nov 23, 2008, 07:57 PM

If you feel like you don't know what to do to lose weight then I would really REALLY recommend weight watchers. I've not done it myself but I know people who have and they have told me that not only do they show you how to eat and exercise well but provide support and help you not give up. And don't feel like you're "too young" or "not fat enough" or anything- my younger sister's friend went when she was only 13 by her own choice and is much happier and healthier now.

Also, beware of anyone who suggests any diet pill. Even if they seem like a "real" person, much like that post right above mine, they can still be just bots and companies soliciting business for their diet pills - so check everything out first!
    Honeydiip Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2008, 02:38 PM

My mum tried it but she gained all the weight back afteri would suggest it if your willing to stick to it though
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2008, 08:18 AM

Diets are fine to lose weight but unless you change your lifestyle you will gain the weight back when you stop the diet.

I would definitely recommend a diet program that focuses on healthy eating. I did nutrisystem and had good success. I hear good things about WW also. But you need to learn how to keep the weight off.

Exercise. That is the key to weight loss. Permanent weight loss anyway. You have to burn more calories than you take in, otherwise those excess calories turn to fat and you gain weight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cardio vs weight training-which is more effective for quick weight loss? [ 4 Answers ]

I know most everyone makes a big deal about the "fat burning" cardio, but I also know that having a high % of lean muscle bumps up the metabolism, and burns fat faster. If you're working out hard with the weights, you are getting the old heart pumping too. What would be a good regimen for someone...

Losing motivation for weight watchers [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have been at weight watchers for two years and I have lost a total of 10 pounds, I have lost more but I have put it on again, but I feel like I am wasting money, I think to myself I would rather spend it on weight watchers than buying trash as I call it, but every week starts the same, I start...

Joining Weight Watchers? [ 3 Answers ]

I just had a baby on December 26, 2007, and in a few weeks I will be able to start an exercise program and Diet! Yay! I am 184lbs right now and I am only 5'3" so you know I look like crap. I want to get to 130lbs which is what I was before I had my two sons. Anyway, my questions is has anyone...

Weight watchers or Jenny Craig? [ 7 Answers ]

I am looking into both weight watchers and Jenny Craig, and I was just wondering if anyone has tried either one or both? And which one is better, and easier to stick with. Thanks guys!

Weight Watchers? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, I am a seventeen year old female and I am 5'3 and around 170 pounds. I have recently been trying to get into shape and lose some weight. I have been doing okay, I eat well and I exercise often. My mom suggested I try Weight Watchers, because she thinks it is the best way. Of course, my Mom...

View more questions Search