Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lizzy586 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 02:08 PM
    Honda 2004 42,000 miles with big problems I think
    Hello can any one help I have a 2004 honda accord with 42,000 miles last week I put it in R and it jerked forward the very next day it did the same only now the emissions control system went on the day after I was on the high way doing 60 and the rpm start going from 1 to 7 to 4 in seconds and the car sounds like I'm pressing on the gas when I'm not and the car is not going faster it slowing down I got really scared so I pulled over and waited for my husband to come get me so I didn't drive it at all this weekend till Sunday when we tried to drop it off at the shop it drove one minute and stopped I waited 5 and got it started again over and over I repeated this and some how got it at the shop they say they never heard of something like this happening I say maybe they are getting ready to rip me off so my question is can anyone give me a heads up on what the problem might be? And yes I send it to check for any codes and they said they are not picking up any codes I say then I really have a problem if my car is this bad and it has no codes to show what's the probem please I need some help
    builtontherock Posts: 58, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2008, 08:14 AM

Most of the time this symptom is that the converter on the transmission clutch is breaking ose and stopping up the trans filter.have someone drain the tranny oil ,refil with 3 ots drive it 4 to 5 milrs and drain it again,do this about 4 times it will clean out trash and sometimes works great.on last tranny fill add a bottle of black lube guard it a addative for honda trannys u can get it at a orilly parts store.if it don't help u will need to replace tranny.

Nov 18, 2008, 08:25 AM

Have someone service tranny 3 to 4 times .the converter on the tranny is coming lose and stoping up the filter,sometime it will work for a while.if not looks like u need a tranny.does the engin start reving like it is in nutral

Nov 18, 2008, 06:48 PM

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR GETTING BACK TO ME The problem with the rpms going crazy seem to have stopped for a while the biggest problem I see now is that when I turn the car on I hear a really weird sound under the hood and I drive about 5 minutes and the car just stops I have to wait a couple of minutes before I am able to start up again and it just repeats over and over again I'm afraid I might do more damage if I drive it Could all of these problem be caused by the computer I know it might be a dumb question but I am trying to understand what might be causing all this out of the blue
    Like why now that loud sound under the hood?

Nov 19, 2008, 06:20 AM
    Does the car stop running like kills and have to restart or just stops moving?
    rfields109 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 09:02 AM
    I think the computer controls not only the engine firing and cruise control but also the transmission shift points. If the computer starts going bad all kinds of weirdness can happen, like your describing.

As far as cleaning the transmission if it's an automatic most mechanics and rapid lube type places have a system to connect to the car and run ALL the fluid through a hepa filter and thus removing most impurities. Then they ad a transmission conditioner. BUT at 42k miles I doubt this is an issue.

I'm all over the computer idea. OR wiring to, or wiring from it.

Nov 19, 2008, 09:45 AM
    Do not let and oil change hook up to one of them filtering sys they are not a good idal.just drain fluid from plug u cannot change the filter because it is inside the tranny.ok does the engin kill are just stops pulling like it would be in nutral.if it kill it coulr be the relay under the dash

Nov 19, 2008, 12:51 PM

Every just shuts down<off> and will not start unless I wait a while then it will start up and stop after a couple of minutes and it just repeats that way

Nov 19, 2008, 12:56 PM
    I asked a friend and the first thing he asked was was the computer tampered with like how can a computer in a car be tampered with I drive slow like an old lady I didn't hit anything so why would the comp be the problem can they just go bad??

Nov 19, 2008, 03:07 PM
    OK 1 more ? When it suts off does all the lights on the dash go off to are itjust kills.if it just kills,most likley it's the relay going bad under the dash.relays around 100.00 dolars

Nov 19, 2008, 03:29 PM
    Everything shuts of lights car everything

Nov 19, 2008, 04:08 PM
    OK that's looks like u have a bad ground.have someone check your batt cables and clean them good.check the ground from batt to engin block.hopes this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1999 Honda Civic miles and gas? [ 2 Answers ]

How many miles can a 1999 honda civic drive with one tank of gas? How many gallons can a honda civic have?

2004 Honda Civic Over heating problems [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2004 Civic EX with 91,779 miles and have been experiencing some heating and cooling systems issues. The temperature gauge goes to overheat whenever I drive the car, when this happens the heating system will blow cold air. I had the thermastat REPLACED and I am still having the problem. ...

2004 Honda Civic LX Automatic transmission problems [ 6 Answers ]

MY 04 Honda civic has been making ticking/clicking sound. It doesn't make the sound when the car is idle. Or when the clutch is pressed on. Only when the clutch is released. As the car goes faster the sound gets faster. People are telling me it may be the throw out bearing but wouldn't it be...

2004 Honda Civic battery problems [ 2 Answers ]

I recently purchased a 2004 Honda Civic and after 1 month, I have to jump start the car in order to turn it on. It habitually is dead when I attempt to start it. Everything is turned off - I haven't taken the battery in to have it checked, but from reading other blogs, electrical problems seem to...

Honda Civic '98 70K miles, no pep [ 1 Answers ]

Him, I have a Honda Civic 1998, and recently had the timing belt replaced, among other regular service things. 70,000 miles. Yesterday I noticed when I step on the gas there is no pep, like it chokes a bit or just doesn't want to speed up. Someone told me I need oil. I'm down a quart. Does this...

View more questions Search