Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2009, 02:00 AM

Thanks, F.B.E.

Hopefully, knierim121 will continue to post on this thread!
    curtisst Posts: 40, Reputation: 9

Jan 17, 2009, 07:21 PM

I would just like to add a note on notes... A lot of people who know very little about collector values are finding the need to spend "found" money as the economy worsens. Keep an eye out for all your bills you are spending as even recent notes may have collector value. By this I mean, does a note have a "star" at the end of the serial number? Does the note repeat its serial number backwards and forwards "known as a repeater note"? Is the serial number a low one, such as 00000001? Do you have a "poker" note", such as numbers that would be like a poker hand, or does the note go 123454321, a "radar note". Lot's to look for and maybe you might find a real goodie now and then. I recently found a $10.00 gold certificate in a wrapped bank bundle of 100 $10.00 notes that was worth $150.00. They are out there but you have to train yourself to look. Good luck and happy hunting. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

$5 silver certificate [ 3 Answers ]

How do I completely identify silver certicates? I have a $5 1953B blue stamp silver certificate.

Silver certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I have a silver certificate one dollar bill series 1935 E , fair condition, a few creases blue stamped seal. What is it worth?

$1 silver certificate [ 1 Answers ]

OK so I also have a $1 silver certificate 1935 A series. It also has no tears and very few folds in it. If anyone could tall me how much it might be worth that would be great! Thanks:)

Silver certificate [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how much a dollar bill, with a blue stamp,( I believe it's called a silver certificate), is worth. It's pretty worn but not torn or anything.

View more questions Search