Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MissBWleh Posts: 16, Reputation: -1

Nov 17, 2008, 04:29 PM

I don't mean to sound dumb but how do I go about that? He is not the most open person in the world when it comes to sex. But he will be coming to see me sometime in December, I guess that is better than having that kind of conversation over the phone.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2008, 05:07 PM

Yes, I agree. It would be better to talk about it in person.

I'm not sure how, but here's a thought. You might get him to talk about someone else he knows whom he considers a proper wife. Ask what attributes make her seem like a good wife. (He may not even know that she is the way he imagines. What you want to know is what he is imagining a good girl is.) Be curious and just listen without judging. Like I said, I don't mean sex specifically, but more general expectations. I really think this would give you a better sense of why he is the way he is and whether you two are a good match in the long run. Just gather some information.

As for his not wanting to try oral sex with you, it's good to respect people's boundaries. If he's not comfortable with it, it can wait. But I agree with others here who say that being able to talk about sex in a relationship is important. Not being able to is a red flag.

Nov 17, 2008, 06:24 PM

Thanks for that I will talk to him when he gets here. I don't know, he seems so shy about talking about it. When I first met him, he was telling me that he did try it before, and then later on he tells me he never tried it. Some things about his sex life never really added up. And I seemed to be the one "teaching" him. Which makes me wonder if A. He had no sexual partners in the past. Or B. He had a bad experience. Now he told me I am the second woman he has been with, so maybe its B. But that confused me from the onset. Outside that, we have a wonderful relationship, he really does love and care for me. And I wouldn't trade him for the world. I guess oral would just be something in my past?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2008, 06:01 AM
    Something I enjoyed but my partner brushed off would bother me. I've had women that brushed off oral before... and short term it was easy to ignore but long term it would bother me greatly.

Hard to give any pointers on how to talk with him because that's something you do really have to tailor to the person. Someone with those inhibitions needs approached in a way that's not going to put them on the defensive. And that won't be the same person to person.

I'd say likely he has this "I'm the man" attitude and is afraid to comment he really doesn't know much about it as you say you have noticed.

Just keep your eyes open and look for any signs of controlling behaviour that is common in some cultures. He might well just be a naïve nice guy.

Nov 18, 2008, 10:55 AM

Thanks so much Smoothy, you're awesome. I learned so much from your posts. Any more suggestions from you all will be great.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Oral! [ 8 Answers ]

My husband will not give me oral sex. We have been married for 6 months and have been dating for three years. We lived together for two years. He calls himself "inexperienced" because he has only been with one other woman besides me. Let me start by saying that I LOVE to give oral to men. It...

Motion on visitation -oral or non oral argument? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in New Jersey and plan to represent myself in a motion to increase visitation to allow for a midweek overnight. I'm completing the forms to do this myself and it asks if I would want a oral argument or non-oral argument in front of the judge. I would preferably want a non-oral as I think my...

Oral [ 8 Answers ]

Does all women love oral sex? What about oral in other part of body" Not just **** (Moderator note. Removed offensive language. Please see announcement on this board and site rules)

Oral sex [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together 6 months and he doesn't hesitate to perform oral sex and I want to return the favour but am not really sure where to start or what to do. Any tips would be appreciated?

View more questions Search