Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Nov 11, 2008, 10:05 PM
    Have I found a goody?
    Okay... how I got it: I bought an old coffee and end table set from a yard sale years ago. Today I was cleaning out the drawer and found it wedged way in the back.

What it is: A Silvermith Sterling pipe

It looks just like the one in the pic (see the link), except very worn and tarnished. Also, it has a curved end instead of a straight end as in the pic. I can read the stamp on it very clear and can see most of the detail on it.

Marked Silversmith Sterling Overlay Pipe w/dog - vlo1887

Do I polish it? I don't want to ruin the value... if it has any. I listed this under collectibles because most of what I can find on it shows it is possibly from the 1920's.

Either way, yet another free treasure... I love it :D
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2008, 04:34 AM
    Hi, rpg219!

Sure, you've found a goody! I love it when that happens! :) I bought my home about 18 years ago and up to about three years ago, I was still finding things tucked away in places. A lot of things came with my home when I purchased it.

I've inserted an image of the one that you referenced so that it will be readily available on this thread for anyone to see who might be able to help. I'll do some searching about it too.

Thanks!

Name:  Pipe A - Use.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  101.7 KB
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Nov 13, 2008, 09:04 PM

Thanks so much Clough! I am so excited about my treasure :) I have found a little pipe/cigar shop here locally, so I will try to contact the owner to see if he may can help as well.
    curtisst Posts: 40, Reputation: 9

Jan 17, 2009, 07:27 PM

Good for you on the goody you found. I recently re-did my bathroom and all I found was a Miller Hi Life beer bottle. My next door neighbor, who built the house got quite a kick when I delivered it back to him though. Made for an intresting conversation. Apparently he did that with all the houses he built. Most carpenters sign an inside wall and throw a few pennies in to maybe be found in later years. My neighbor said that would have cost him too many beers. LOL

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend found another man after 3 yrs [ 46 Answers ]

Threads merged Ive been seeing this girl for 3yrs. Always been there for her, do everything 2 make her happy and comfortable (she's a student and I'm a worker) and one day she told me the parents are against the relationship so we should stop seeing each other. I tried convincing her but she...

Found the actually verse of the song, but still haven't found the name =[ [ 1 Answers ]

I found one verse of the song I've been looking for ! :) But still haven't found the song!! :mad: :( :confused: Here's the verse: "cause im mr mr lonely open up the door what did i see my baby with another man right infront of me"

Oldy but a goody! [ 5 Answers ]

Two nuns, Sister Catherine and Sister Helen, are driving through Europe. They get to Transylvania and are stopped at a traffic light. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a tiny little Dracula jumps onto the hood of the car and hisses through the windshield. "Quick, quick!" shouts sister catherine."what...

I found this [ 1 Answers ]

I found a pill that is white and has L484 on it I was wondering if you could tell me what it is because I found it on the floor and I have small children

View more questions Search