Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scottishdrunk23 Posts: 45, Reputation: 4

Nov 11, 2008, 05:57 PM
    Straightening hair for a man.
    I'm a guy who has extremely frizzy/curly hair that if I ever grew it out it would be like an afro (no I don't want an afro). I looked online and a lot of websites said I should use a straightener. But it would feel really weird if I straightened my hair and I don't even know how to turn the blasted thing on!If anyone has another suggestion or if they want to walk me through the straightener thingy then please post!
    Thanks!
    Scottishdrunk23
    laynayumi Posts: 24, Reputation: 3

Nov 12, 2008, 11:30 AM

Have you ever considered Chemical straitening. It might be easier... you should consult with a professional.

But, I'll give you some advice about flat irons.
    First of all they are a wonder.
    Who doesn't own one man or female.
    Its 2008!

When buying one.
    Please take the time to buy one that will last you.
    Make sure you go to a local beauty supply store.
    Whether you choose an inexpensive flat iron or a cheap one... salon quality flat irons seem to do the trick more professionally.

Notice:
    When dealing with heat versus hair. It can cause a lot of damage that you wouldn't encounter otherwise.
    Think have you ever spent a lot of time in the sun and your hair got so dry... from the heat.
    Same concept make you you prevent this by getting products that will prepare your hair before you flat iron your hair...
    Make sure you condition your hair.

When flat ironing... create a method of how you like to do it. SInce your hair is curly make sure you get down to the root. Nice flat glides. If you'd like it to stick up go upwards. To elongate it go down. Make sure to apply a good amount of pressure.

If you are a individual that washes his hair everyday.
    Skip it a day or two, when you work that hard to flat iron your hair it saves a day of flat ironing madness and healthier results.
    It doesn't mean your dirty and since your hair is the poofy type.
    It probably would be more healthy for you to do so anyway. SO just sleep on it and touch it up the next day.

Hope you find my advice useful.
    laynayumi Posts: 24, Reputation: 3

Nov 14, 2008, 11:17 AM

Anytime! Just message me if you have anymore questions!
    haircare123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2008, 05:26 AM
    You can use any quality hair straightener, which will not harm you. Like you can choose GHD or CHI hair straightener.

I have attached some hair straightener images from hairstraightenercare.com

Please take a look.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks
    Hair care
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair straightening assist [ 14 Answers ]

I am looking for a hair product that will straighten my hair.. I cannot afford to have it personally done and I would like to get some controal to my horrid hair.. I have extremely wavy, frizzy hair that at the same time is fragile and breaks easy... I was wondering what products some of you have...

Keeping hair straight after straightening [ 2 Answers ]

Hey. I am a boy using a straightener.. Whenever I go out I sweat a little and my hair goes wavy again.. It curls the most on the forehead where I sweat the most. So what are the options for making your hair straight trough the day? Are there any things I can apply to my hair to keep it straight?...

Puffy Hair - Straightening Iron [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, So my hair, when it goes.. it grows up and out.. so my hair really looks all puffy.. I have pretty thick hair. I want to get my hair into a new hair style, but to do that it needs to be 'down'.. instead of puffing. My fringe will go over one hair, you probably seen the hair style...

How do I section layered hair for straightening ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there.. I just can't get my coarse wavy hair straight with my straightening tongs/irons... could anyone tell me how to section it the right way ? Its shoulder length and layered quite short- ish on top.. ive used all sorts of de- frizzers but they don't seem to work.. I even got one of those...

View more questions Search