Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shanaynayy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2008, 07:32 AM
    How often can you dye hair?
    I'm naturally blonde, but last summer I dyed it brown. Wanting it to be my natural color once again, I tried a blonde dye on my hair. I was disappointed after I used it because I'm still a brunette! I want to know how long I should wait before I dye my hair again. Will it totally kill my hair if I dye it again and what type of dye should I use?

Thanks! :)
    laynayumi Posts: 24, Reputation: 3

Nov 12, 2008, 03:28 PM
    You have to remove the brown from your blond
    This is a process of stripping the darker color from your natural color which is a light.
    Either way it is damaging.
    It may take several attempts.
    I suggest going to a professional.
    It's a very sensitive you'll need to use a color stripper aka bleach.
    And a toner to even it out.
    If you don't have the money to go to a salon.
    Go to your local beauty store and talk to the people who work there.
    They can give you some reasonable advice and refer you to some good products.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2008, 03:35 PM

And make sure you use a really good conditioner. I was worried about dying my hair too often when I dyed it pink, because I had to bleach it and put the pink in and then after it was bleached and pink it faded really fast- within a day or so. So we re-bleached it, left it on longer and then put the pink on again. It turned out awesome and with the conditioner I bought from Sally's my hair didn't seem to be damaged at all. I just forget what brand I got. It was Ion Moisture Treatment.

SallyBeauty.com - Deep Hair Conditioner
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2008, 03:36 PM

And make sure you use a really good conditioner. I was worried about dying my hair too often when I dyed it pink, because I had to bleach it and put the pink in and then after it was bleached and pink it faded really fast- within a day or so. So we re-bleached it, left it on longer and then put the pink on again. It turned out awesome and with the conditioner I bought from Sally's my hair didn't seem to be damaged at all. I just forget what brand I got. It was Ion Moisture Treatment.

SallyBeauty.com - Deep Hair Conditioner
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2008, 03:36 PM

I don't know what happened... sorry about the duplicate post
    k_noel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2010, 10:38 AM
    Don't bleach it, If you have the option. I don't know how old this post is, or if this will be checked.. but I am a natural light blonde and dyed my hair jet black... It's now back blonde but I didn't bleach it, I did a combination of dying it lighter every few weeks and letting it grow out, and it took a while, but was far less damaging. Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I tone down or remove a semi permanent red hair dye over bleach blonde hair? [ 3 Answers ]

I am at my wits end! I had my hair professionally frosted about two months ago. I like the blonde, with my dark hair roots, but I wanted to add some red low lights with the blonde streaking throughout. However, I did not get the results I wanted. Now I have dark roots, and a multi blonde/red...

Hair folical body hair vs hair on head [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have had testing done for a while I tested positive from hair from my head although I did not use. I then tested from my body hair and came back negative. The head hair was 90 to 100 days back and the body test was back almost twelve months. I wish to find out which is the more definitive...

Is it safe to have 3 lots of hair dye in 1month to try and rectify hair disaster? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I posted yesterday, with no replies yet. Basically. I have got long hair which is dark brown (dyed) base and I had bleached blonde panels. I then wanted the panels red which my colourist did and it looiked great but after just 1 wash all the red had practically gone and I was left with...

Black hair to lighter hair.this is a long story, take heed first time dyers! [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, here goes. I'm not a professional hair colourist, but I am a long standing veteran of home hair colour - I've had my hair all colours, all lengths, all styles and at the moment it's jet black. I've broken all the cardinal rules of hair colouring, and I can safely say that it's too much of a...

Hair Coloring - Dying auburn hair with grey roots [ 2 Answers ]

Any advice for dying already dyed auburn hair with massive grey roots. I heard that using an ash color will diminish the brassiness.

View more questions Search