Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meonly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2008, 07:06 PM
    How to file motion to dismiss(wrongful arrest)
    Several months back me and my wife got into an argument. In order to cool down the situation I just left. While I was gone another person called the police and they arrived questioning my wife. At which point she told the officers repeatedly that I never laid a hand on her and the only bruise she had on her was a small dog bite on the back of her leg( from our jack russel). One officer became very irritated especially when he heard my last name (I am hispanic and my wife is caucasion) and started trying to scare her into filling a complaint she refused. The officers then left without taking any pictures of the bruise, offering to take my wife to a hospital, getting her any kind of assistance as required by the domestic violence act in Illinois. They told her she had till 10am the next day to file a complaint or nothing would happen. We didn't hear anything more about it till one week later when I started getting mailers from lawyers. The officer falsified his report so badly and then went to a judge to get a warrant on the grounds of imminent danger one week later. When we found this out my wife went to the station to file a complaint against the officer and was denied by a seargent to do so. So she has now filed a complaint against the officer and the seargent with the states attorney of dupage county and they are currently investigating both of them. I had a traffic case coming up and turned myself in to the sheriffs dept. and the arresting town waived their right to question me. But my case is still active and I have alredy had the arrainment and the trial date is coming up I've priced lawyers in the area and have found that it will cost me around $1500 whichis almost impossible for me to come up with . So now I'm on here trying to find out how to file a motion to dismiss due to lack of evidence, the fact that the 2 witnesses to the supposed crime both say nothing happenedand the officers were told that, or that the officers didn't follow procedure. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2008, 08:07 AM
    Hello me:

A motion to dismiss won't be heard. It looks like you're going to have to argue your case in court.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to file a motion to dismiss for time barred debt in small claims Texas [ 8 Answers ]

Cause of action date of March 15 1999 when last payment was to be made per plantiff's exhibit in complaint. Statutes of limitation is 4 years. I did submit answer with general denial and affirmative defense of statute already but still set for negotiation. Want to submit motion to dismiss...

Motion to dismiss [ 1 Answers ]

I was served for credit card debt, I filed my answer in the time allotted. I have since requested a motion to dismiss. Will the court answer my motion before the hearing or the day of? MI Venue Thank You

Motion to dismiss [ 1 Answers ]

I am being sued for credit card debt. I filed my answer and have a hearing date set. I filed a motion for dismissal based on a false affidavit. My question is, DO I serve a copy of the motion to the Plaintiff?

How to file motion to dismiss [ 11 Answers ]

I was served for a credit card debt that was not mine. I filed a response and sent the plaintiff as set of questions to answer, but he has not responded in over thirty days. I did respond to his interrogatories, I also sent him another list of formal interrogatories as well as a request for...

View more questions Search