Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Upul Dhammika Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2008, 03:02 AM
    Inconvenient mental condition
    I am suffering from some mental condition which has made me fear of facing the society,people.It has also made me a victim of gastritis.I'm feeling fear for something unknown to myself.Please tell me the way out of this.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2008, 01:26 PM

If you have crippling fear, the only way out is to face your fears, one at a time, and overcome them. :)

If you are afraid of talking to women, you have to talk to women.

If you are afraid of going outside, you have to go outside.

If you are afraid of being in a room of people, you have to go be in a room full of people.

Of course, you will need a **plan** for facing each situation that causes you grief!! You will need time to work out these social situations.

Best wishes to you,
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2008, 11:50 PM

Have you talked to your doctor about this? It sounds as if you may have anxiety disorder. Facing your fears is a plan which might cause ulcers if you don't have help and support. Getting on mood medication may help.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2008, 01:02 AM

Hi, Upul Dhammika!

In addition to the fine answers above, are there any particular situations that are a problem for you to face, and what might they be, please?

Thanks!
    wannatruth Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2008, 03:22 AM
    Many times some unconscious things in mind and situations which are not comfortable for us to accept... be it some fear, some guilt, something which can't be shared, couple of things altogether causing it and we might not be able to recognise the problem, something which we know but not sure, a phase in life where things don't work out in accordance to what we want... could cause such mental condition... but it is normal for all of us being humans...

I myself have gone through such a phase in life where initially I was not sure and then I stuck to a cause which according to me was a big reason for that state of mind... but when I came out of that phase it was no such big deal!.

So I would suggest that try to go out for brisk walking even though you don't feel like doing it all(I know that you don't)... but it works as some anti-depressants are released from mind and you feel good...
    Also I think the problem of gastritis is also related to this mental condition only and will be resolved with it...

And lastly you have to believe me that it's a phase which will be over soon... and after that you will come out to be a social person ready to face any problem in life... and in case you feel like sharing what you are exactly feeling, even if it sounds weird to share certain things... just please feel free to ask for any help...
    Blogg Posts: 61, Reputation: 4

Nov 11, 2008, 05:39 AM

Its great to hear that you want to out from this.
    I really agree with choux's answer.
    You want to free from this right? Then YOU have to change.
    Unless you are live alone if you prefer like this.
    Why do you afraid facing with society? What they do to you that make you so afraid? Get your own answer+always remember that YOU want to get out from this phobia

Good luck :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air condition [ 1 Answers ]

Getting condensation in one duct my unit is a heat pump an the water is dripping on the floor I have a split level house. The duct is in the celling. Thanks

Air condition unit [ 2 Answers ]

My air condition unit was on and it started making a loud sound so I turned it off. I just turned it back on and all it will do is make a huming sound and it want come on. Please can anyone tell me what it could be.

Skin condition. [ 4 Answers ]

Okay I'm 13 and I have this weird skin problem. I've had it... well as long as I can remember, but I don't know what they are because I've never seen it on aybody else's legs. I don't know what to do but I've noticed that wenever the summer comes I eat more and they start to go away. Not...

Pre-existing condition [ 1 Answers ]

My husband was laid off his job in Feb. 2006. His insurance continued through the end of Feb. and then I added him to my insurance as of March 1st 2006. His doctor scheduled an endoscopie. It was done in May(under MY insurance). Because he had talked with his doctor about acid reflux in Jan. and...

Air condition [ 3 Answers ]

OK I live in a mobile home in Oklahoma its been 100 pluse here last couple weeks and I noticed the other day my unit way making a scretching sound everyonece in a while then today it was a long scretching that didn't stop so I felt the air vent and it was blowing hot air so turned the unit off......

View more questions Search