Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RNM Posts: 61, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2008, 09:09 AM
    What do I do now?
    Hello!

Okay another guy problem. There is this guy at my school who I have this crush on, and we met at this party a few months ago through a friend of mine. We go to the same school and we have said hi to each other in the hall. One day I got my act together to go over to him and say hi and chat with him. He was sitting by the computer and I sat facing him on the side. We spoke for like 5 or 10 minutes but he hardly looked at me, he was so into his game on the computer however he did ask me questions and responded back to me, he just didn't give me eyecontact and that's so important. So ever since we haven't spoken because he hasn't done any initiative to come up to me. But we've still smiled at school. So I figured he just wasn't interested. But then now at this school party last weekend, I was not there, but my friend was and this guy I like came up to her and asked for me, he really wanted me there and he said I was sweet and pretty, and he thought I didn't like him and he wanted my friend to ask me to come that night, but I had other plans anyway. Then he said to my friend oh damn it, then I'll have to find another girl! But she said he was joking, because my friend and him hung out the whole night so he didn't hook up with anyone. Is he just out for sex with me?
    But my friend says he is shy, but can you tell if he is interested in me in more than sex??
    And what action should I take now towards him?
    Should I make any move now or should I wait for him to make a move??
    Please I'd love an answer:)
    Thanks
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Nov 3, 2008, 09:17 AM

Where do you get the sex thing from?

By your account your friend says he's shy and all he did was compliment you and ask where you were, you jump to "is he just in it for sex".

That, and any other questions you have, will be answered if you pursue this the right way. I believe he is interested but shy, so respond to his comments about you with comments about him. Tell your friend you think he is cute and nice or tell him yourself, go from there.

Try not to confuse yourself with signs and eye contact and what his intentions are at this point. He seems interested, as do you, simple.
    smitttyx2 Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2008, 05:05 PM

Well if a guy likes you he's not necessarily in it for the sex I mean maybe he wants to get to know you better but I don't see what made you jump the gun about sex

Nov 6, 2008, 06:30 AM
    Should I make the move now?
    Hi,
    I'm 18, and I really like this guy who's a year older than me. We go to the same school and my friend introduced us about a month and half ago. But we've only spoken once since then because we don't see each other that often at school. I was the one to go up to him at school after we were introduced and talk to him, but since then he never did anything to show me that he wanted more. When we were introduced by my friend it was a party, he said we should go to a bar sometime and I was like yes definitely but he had been drinking so I wasn't going to take it that serious. But we both said to each other that we check each other out at school. Right now we will smile and say hi to each other but no more. Then last weekend, there was a school party that I did not go to, and my friend said he was asking for me, that he really wanted to see me and he thinks I 'm pretty and sweet. So I was very happy when I heard this! But it was so sudden I didn't think he was interested, but my friend just says he is shy.. I am too. But still when I want something, then I want it. I really want him, because it hurts me just to think about him, because I want to lay with him and just talk to him. I haven't really felt like this for a guy.
    Do you think I can make a move on him or should that really be him now?
    If I do make a move, what should I do?
    Fiona2003 Posts: 45, Reputation: 11

Nov 6, 2008, 02:23 PM

Wow, I've been here before!

A guy friend of mine helped me out with some advice and I'm going to pass it on to you.

Ask him out - tell him that you'd like to go out (since it's payday/your aunt millie sent you a $20/whatever) and you'd like to know if he'd be interested in getting a burger and a beer somewhere.

You pick a locale you think he'd like.

Be casual as you can about it. Email or txt message him. Give him only about 24-48 hours notice so it looks like a last minute thing.

If he says yes, you can show up dressed to kill. If he says no, then he's a wussie.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2008, 02:30 PM

Fiona said it. Just ask him out and be casual about it. Good luck! =)

Nov 7, 2008, 06:57 AM
    Okay thanks so much for your advice.. its just a bit difficult because when ever I see him, my knees go numb and I just can barely talk around him.. I get so freaked out and nervous.. but I want him so much that I have to do something.. with out being too pushy but very casual.. so should I ask him out in a text or in person?

Nov 10, 2008, 10:28 AM
    How can show him that I'm so into him?
    Hi,

I am like in love with this guy I haven't really spoken to that much. But at school we are both too shy to go up to each other. We were introduced to each other once two months ago and I did go up to him a while ago, but he's never come up to me, he's smiled a lot and look at me a lot when he see's me, but he's also very shy and so am I! But he told my friend he didn't think I was interested! Wow, even though I went up to him and small talked he still didn't get the hint! Anyway how can I really let this guy know that I am so into him, with out me actually going up to him?? I need to be more flirty and let him know that I am so interested with out scaring him off...
    Thanks!
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2008, 11:06 AM

Walk up to him and say"HI!" And see what happens from there. Take it from a professional introvert it is much harder to keep a conversation going than it is to start one.
    Fiona2003 Posts: 45, Reputation: 11

Nov 11, 2008, 05:57 AM

Use text or e-mail. That's the best way to get around the "wobbly knees" part.

Nov 18, 2008, 07:32 AM
    How to find the guts to go up to a guy?
    Hey,

HOW DO I FIND the guts to go up to a guy I really really like a lot??
    What can I start the conversation about if we haven't spoken for 2 months??
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2008, 01:00 PM

It may be embarasing, but simply walk up and say HI!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search