Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leanne1983 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2008, 05:22 AM
    Has anyone experienced decidual bleeding
    Started what I thought was my period 3 days early, the bleeding was a lot lighter than my normal period and different in colour as well, before the bleeding started I had thought I was pregnant as I have had 2 girls already and was just feeling that something was different, my lower abdomen had started feeling a little unusual with pulling type cramps in it, I am feeling very tired and slightly sickly on and off through out the day,

Feeling very confused at the minute and have read online that because decidual bleeding is due to your hormones being out of whack it can be hard to get a positive result on a hpt, have already been to my doctor but he just isn't listening to me he send me away telling me to see if period turns up next month

Please help any input from people who have experienced this would be great
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2008, 09:35 AM

It is a very common reason for spotting or bleeding in early pregnancy... some women will already know that they are pregnant and worry about possible miscarraige, other women are not sure if it is just an unusal period or a possible pregnancy.

In most cases it will happen around the time of your period but it will often be lighter and or shorter in duration than the normal period. It can cause some women to not realize they are pregnant, thinking it is just their period, even if perhaps it is a little different from what they are used to.

In this case you have to either go by other possibly symptoms and/or a pregnancy test. It is not unusual for your doctor to suggest waiting until the next month, since many times it truly is just an off period. Waiting another few weeks, as long as you are taking care of yourself, won't really make a difference. Many women don't even know for sure that they are pregnant until several weeks into the pregnancy.

It is hard to wait, I know... :) You can always try a pregnancy test every several days, or once a week, until your next period would be due if you wanted to.
    CrissyDi Posts: 250, Reputation: 5

Nov 3, 2008, 08:22 PM

Check out my posts and that might help you as well. I am currently experiencing the same thing and have gotten a lot for great advice.

Let us know what happens over the coming weeks.
    mummytobe Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2008, 05:17 PM
    Hey there

Yes I am going through this at the moment,I had this with my son,but we weren't expecting to be having a baby then-was complete surprise!

Good luck x
    HogwartsLady Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2009, 01:34 AM
    I'm also experiencing this. I had my last period, what I believe to be implantation, on 1/9/09.

On 2/16/09 I started bleeding. It's lighter than my normally horribly heavy and painful periods. It starts and stops, ranging from red to light, light pink.

I know that I'm pregnant, I have the majority of the symptoms, but I'm having trouble getting a hpt to show up. I'm ready to make an appt for a bt.

I'm getting frustrated with the topic of etopic coming up because I would know by now if it were that. I am not hurting specifically on either side but do experience light to mild cramping in the uterus.

Both ovaries twinge slightly on occasion but it seems to be equal. I have a history of female problems and I'm not worried about the ovary pain. It's nothing compared to my normal pain during periods which is bad enough to keep me curled up in bed.

Does anyone have any advice?

Feb 17, 2009, 04:49 PM

Your body is probably just reacting to a change in hormonal levels or outside stimuli such as stress or a change in diet. This happened to me and it turned out that I wasn't pregnant. The next month, I got pregnant. But that was because we weren't using protection a few times since I thought I was already pregnant. Surprise! Hee Hee

I'd wait it out (act and eat cautiously) and see what next month holds. Some women do have an odd period for the first month after implantation and because of the bleeding, a hpt will not show up.
    angelf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2011, 04:55 PM
    Comment on HogwartsLady's post
    Hi, I am experiencing exactly the same symptoms you described here. Since we are 2 years down the track would you mind telling me if you did turn out to be pregnant? Thanks

Jan 16, 2011, 09:14 PM

Hey, Angelf. I am back in the same boat, wondering if Im pregnant again. Hee Hee I wanted to see if any of these ladies turned out pregnant or not. I had some light, thin bleeding for 3 days and it stopped. (which was a week before my period was due.)

I have been nauseaus, very dizzy, bloated stomach, twitching ovaries, losing weight except in my stomach, food aversions, weird feelings in my breasts, movement in my stomach, blurred vision, fatigue, frequent urintion, etc.
    I had 3 faint positive hpts and negative blood test all within the same week. My doctor thought I was pregnant and so did I. Now, Im not sure what's going on. They did a complete blood count, checked my pancreas and metabolism and everything came back normal. Prior to this I had my blood sugar checked too. It's crazy, I don't know what's going on. I honestly think I am pregnant, but I thought that last time too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anyone experienced this? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. My last period was 25th April. I bled for a day in may 8 days past my period due date. And I have been getting some symptoms of pregnancy. The thing is though I did a test and its negative so I will need to wait until my next period to test. But me and my boyfriend were having sex tonight and...

I believe I have just experienced implantation bleeding [ 5 Answers ]

Normally my period comes on like gangbusters... heavy and immediate. There really is no warning - no light to heavy trend. Today I went to the restroom and noticed a spot of blood... faint pink and very small. I have been cramping and bloated, tender breast, and a little emotional. I realise that...

Has any one ever experienced this? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 1 week past ovulation and I am experiencing some nausea and also I have got and yeast infection (sorry to be so blunt). I have never had one before and I just wonder if that could be a sign of pregnancy or if any one has ever had this happen to them.

View more questions Search