Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tallen1974 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2004, 01:32 PM
    Box Elder Problems
    I recently purchased a home with a nice box elder in the yard. I noticed that some of the branches were dead and proceeded to cut them out. This year, some of the branches died just as the leaves were about half the size that they reach during the spring. Is this a bug or fungus problem? I noticed several large black ants that seem to like hanging out in the tree, but I haven't seen enough to warrant the amount of dying wood. Please help!?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2004, 05:04 PM
    Re: Box Elder Problems
    I am afraid that may just be the way box elders are. They tend to be short lived. This is tough advice, but you might be better off to remove it and replace it with something that will be a nicer tree.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problems [ 2 Answers ]

:p :D in Allosteric enzymeswhat happens when the ATP concentration is high and when it is low and how is it regulated?

Gun problems [ 2 Answers ]

My wife loves playing paintball and so do I my question is my wife's gun has messed up the o-ring busted and I replaced it, but air still leaks out.I checked everything twice to see if their was anything else but I can't find anything.does anyone have any clue what's going on.

Dvd problems [ 2 Answers ]

Sometimes I absolutely can not get my DVD player to play a DVD. I can usually get the DVD to play on my computer but I much prefer to watch it on the TV. Any suggestions?

IP Cop problems [ 7 Answers ]

I have an IP Cop firewall that I am using to split my network in half. My setup consists of a Netgear router which goes out to my office netork of 5 or so computers, one of which is my IP Cop box. The IP Cop box then goes to a switch which I plug customer computers into. So essentially I have an...

Box Elder Bugs [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to get rid of box elder bugs? I live in a mobile home and have been annoyed by these harmless bugs since we moved in but can't find anything to get rid of them... any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks!

View more questions Search