Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ma1848ma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2008, 11:36 AM
    When to prune a Dogwood Tree?
    When is the best to prune a dogwood and is there a limit to what size branch can be trimmed back to the trunk.
    hulk1371 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Mar 12, 2009, 05:39 PM

You can cut any branches that you don't want flush with the trunk and the rest you can cut all that is needed to round the top. I treat my dogwoods like any other tree in the yard
    hulk1371 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Mar 12, 2009, 05:41 PM

Prune it back at the end of the winter just before the buds begin to sprout

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Too late to prune? [ 3 Answers ]

I have quite a few rose bushes, some of which I pruned around November last year, which seem fine. After reading an article I thought I'd done the wrong thing as it said to wait until early spring. I see know that the roses I didn't prune already have shoots etc. is it too late to prune these...

My 12' healthy ficus tree is dying.How do I save my tree? [ 0 Answers ]

My Ficus tree were plant in my garden on a slopne for about a year. It doing very well. All the sudden the last two week couple of branches with the leafs start curling, turning yellow or brown and then fall off the branch. I cut of those two branches, now another branch, the leafs start doing the...

Dogwood Trees [ 1 Answers ]

My area got a freeze just prior to the buds on my Dogwood Tree blooming for the spring. Subsequently all the buds on my two year old Dogwood are dead. The tree did not flower this spring and I have no leaves now. Question: Should I prune the tree (cut off all the dead buds) or just leave it...

Dogwood Trees [ 2 Answers ]

I had some Pink Dogwood trees. They are now White.What do I need to do to bring back my pink ? Thank You Ramblinrose Texas :eek:

Dogwood tree [ 1 Answers ]

My dogwood tree never has many blooms on it. Is it lacking fertilizer of some kind?

View more questions Search