Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nickfuhs60 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2008, 01:36 PM
    Rheem Furnace will not run
    Apparently no power at the transformer - is there a fuse somewhere. Model UCG 100-ER
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2008, 04:29 PM

No power going into the transformer means you have a bad fuse or kicked breaker,, if there power going in but none comeing out (24 volts) meaning a bad transformer,, if it's a gas furnace make sure the puch-in door switch is pushed in when checking it out

Nov 1, 2008, 06:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wmproop View Post
    no power going into the transformer means you have a bad fuse or kicked breaker,,,,if there power going in but none coming out (24 volts) meaning a bad transformer,,,,,if its a gas furnace make sure the puch-in door switch is pushed in when checking it out
    Is there likely to be a fuse interior to the furnacne - that is other than the CB at thepanel?

This began with a thermostat replacement where the old stat was removed without noting the wirign so I am guessing and am confused by the blue wire but connecting it to blue connection - could I have blown the transformer? We have power into the transformer (120V) and none out on G to R check, so I will change transformer but worried about blowing it again if the stat isn't correct.
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Nov 1, 2008, 06:58 PM

Some, if not most, furnaces will have a 3 or 5 amp auto-style fuse on the board. Give that a looking. If you have 120VAC supply at the furnace then your breaker is not tripped. Double check your stat wiring first then replace the x-former.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2008, 07:20 PM

Kick the breaker off anytime you are working on ,replacing tstat or transformer,, is the safe way
    But yes its time to replace transformer for certain

Nov 9, 2008, 02:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkwithaK View Post
    Some, if not most, furnaces will have a 3 or 5 amp auto-style fuse on the board. Give that a looking. If you have 120VAC supply at the furnace then your breaker is not tripped. Double check your stat wiring first then replace the x-former.
    Replaced Transformer and now have power to relay but no heat. Fan will now run if stat on manual fan and relay looks and ohms okay but furnace does not attempt to light. Pilot okay but had to relight

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace won't come on [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace won't come on when I turn on the thermostat

New furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I had a friend come out and look at my furnace because I was having some a/c issues and prior to it getting hot I was having some heating issues. Well the result is that my motor went. The furnace is/was about 25+ years old. I now have to purchase a new furnace. Where do I start?And does this...

Rheem furnace [ 1 Answers ]

My Rheem furnace is showing a diagnostic red flashing light, flashing 3 times. I cannot locate the manual on the furnace. Does anyone know what the 3 time flashing red light means?

Gas furnace [ 1 Answers ]

My Furnace will run for about 12 hours no problem then all of a sudden the pilot light will go out , for the past two days its done this.. It stopped at about 5.30 am then last night at about 1.30pm... I will go down and relight it and it will start right up... It blows hot air seems fine... ...

View more questions Search